Systems Senior Business Analyst | Wellington City
|Position Type:||Permanent Full Time|
|Attachments:|| System Senior Business Analyst JD.pdf (PDF, 178KB)
|Application Close Date:||24-Aug-2017|
We are looking for a Business System Senior Analyst to join our Business Technology and Information Services directorate on a permanent basis.
This is a prime opportunity to stretch yourself professionally; to enjoy all that comes with working on large scale developments of IT systems and software applications in a large organisation. The team provides the systems and support services that enable the Ministry to deliver its core functions, maintain and enhance business systems and take responsibility for providing information and information flows and processes which support Operational staff. The role of the Systems Senior Business Analyst is to ensure the integrity, efficiency and accessibility of the Ministry's IT systems.
Experience required includes:
- Diagnosing application problems and following them through to resolution
- Knowledge of Software Development Lifecycles
- Understanding and the ability to discuss related technical concepts
- Experience with requirements analysis and to deliver fit for purpose business options and solutions
- Ability to problem solve
- Ability to present complex technical information
- Performing a broad range of work, sometimes complex and non-routine, in a variety of environments
- Leading working groups and when required attend Governance Groups
- Assists in fostering a culture that enables MPI to be an organisation that is connected, focused on results, delivers on our obligations to Māori, is lean and agile, and is prepared to take informed risks
You will also be expected to establish and maintain effective working relationships and to provide effective communication with technical and business groups.
About The Ministry
Our vision is “Growing and Protecting New Zealand”. We have developed an organisational strategy to ensure we have a clear path to follow that maximises our opportunities in this area. MPI is tasked with the education and compliance of fisheries, animal welfare and food safety legislation.
MPI encourages and supports people to be the best they can be, to see more of who MPI is and what we do click here
Keen to Apply? It's easy!
To view the position description and/or apply for the role, please click “APPLY NOW” to be directed to our website. For tracking and reporting purposes, all applications must be submitted through our online careers portal.
If you have any questions about the role, please contact Kathryn Scrimgeour at Kathryn.email@example.com. Applications close Thursday 24 August 2017.