Programme Manager | Wellington City
|Category:||Project Managers/Project Support|
|Position Type:||Fixed Term Full Time|
|Attachments:|| Position Description SPP EDP Programme Manager RED.pdf (PDF, 226KB)
|Application Close Date:||25-Sep-2017|
- Can you provide strategic alignment, overview and scrutiny whilst engaging business and project stakeholders?
- Can you manage and support the implementation of the Regional Growth Programme?
- Are you experienced in large multi-faceted or complex business environments with multiple customer and stakeholder expectations?
The Director of Economic Development & Partnerships is looking for an experienced Programme Manager to manage and support the implementation of the Regional Growth Programme via the establishment and delivery of tailored portfolio and programme disciplines and practices. The position is a fixed term position until 30th June 2019.
You will support Development Managers to report on progress and performance. You will work with the Directorate leadership team to leverage learnings from across the region and provide strategic alignment, overview and scrutiny, ensuring wider policy and strategic fit.
As Programme Manager you will;
- Provide effective coordination of the projects and their interdependencies.
- Manage the programme budget, business processes and provide strategic oversight.
- Provide support and direction to project sponsors and managers.
- Support managers to facilitate appropriate management and communication across the various agencies involved in programme and projects.
- Work with other agencies to enable alignment of projects, especially for funding and reporting purposes.
- Support continuous improvement through capturing and sharing lessons learned.
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with senior managers and project teams, third-party service providers and external agencies.
To be successful in this role you need to demonstrate;
- Proven experience in stakeholder management including managing internal and external relationships with diverse stakeholders, success in building relationships and gaining the support and participation of key individuals and groups.
- Capability to work in a complex systems environment and experience in senior programme role of a large multi-faceted or complex environment (preferably government experience).
- A track record of achievement of results and providing an evidence-based approach.
- An understanding of financial planning and forecasting.
- Proven negotiation skills.
- Knowledge and skills in tikanga Māori and Te Reo to facilitate engagement processes and to effectively present information to different groups.
- PRINCE2 or MSP accredited with proven methodology application.
To view the position description and/or apply for the role (submitting a cover letter and current curriculum vitae), please click “APPLY NOW” in order to be directed to our website. For tracking and reporting purposes, all applications must be submitted through our online careers portal.
If you have any questions about the role please contact Dan Somerville, Senior Recruitment Adviser on 04 830 1545 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications close: Monday 25th September 2017