Target Evaluator | Auckland Airport
|Category:||Biosecurity Frontline Staff|
|Position Type:||Permanent Full Time|
|Attachments:|| JD Target Evaluation - October 2014.rtf (RTF, 1.45MB)
|Application Close Date:||29-Sep-2017|
Target Evaluators provide the first level of protection for frontline biosecurity border clearance in New Zealand by making an initial assessment of risk and directing appropriate responses. They contribute to the development of risk profiles that allow more effective risk interventions and interact with the public and industry through the public counters and phones.
This is an excellent opportunity to broaden your experience at the sharp end of the cargo clearance process by providing first level of protection for frontline biosecurity border clearance. You will be identifying consignments of interest and then making the initial assessment of risk and directing appropriate responses.
This role will require you to work rostered duty periods to provide around the clock coverage (we operate a 24 hour screening service)
You can expect to be involved in a range of activities including:
- Screening air and sea cargo documentation for biosecurity risk goods
- Creating appropriate biosecurity directions and applying appropriate verification
- Completion of specialist application processing for high value cargo
- Answering queries both written and verbal from stakeholders, public and other areas of MPI
We need people who can offer this role a range of skills including:
- Your desire to work in a fast moving, busy environment where no two days are the same. You need to be able to make quick decisions
- The ability to get on with your workmates and be a quick learner as we'll be training you in all aspects of target evaluation
- Comfort working on you own as well as part of a high performing team. You will also be dealing with a range of stakeholders inside and outside of MPI. Strong customer focus is a must have
- Attention to detail and analytical skills are crucial – this role is all about risk assessment
- Strong systems and Microsoft suite ability - some experience with QuanCargo and EBACCA would be beneficial
Keen to Apply? It's easy!
To view the position description and/or apply for the role, please click “APPLY NOW” to be directed to our website. For tracking and reporting purposes, all applications must be submitted through our online careers portal.
If you have any questions about the role, please contact Kathryn Scrimgeour at Kathryn.Scrimgeour@mpi.govt.nz.
Applications close Friday 29 September 2017.