Strategic Adviser | Wellington City
|Position Type:||Permanent Full Time|
|Attachments:|| 2016-09 JD Adviser Strategic Planning and Performance.pdf (PDF, 198KB)
2016-09 JD Senior Adviser Strategic Planning and Performance.pdf (PDF, 200KB)
|Application Close Date:||27-Oct-2017|
- Do you enjoy problem solving, doing things differently and challenging the status quo?
- Are you a big picture, strategic thinker who can see potential and be proactive about making a difference?
- Are you great at interpreting data to communicate the story it tells?
- Do you want variety and the chance to make a difference across an entire organisation?
We are looking for an Adviser or Senior Adviser to join us in the Strategic Planning and Performance team on our journey to help the Ministry for Primary Industries lift its performance.
The team works across MPI to marshal together information, insights and perspectives to inform strategic direction and organisational performance. Over the past couple of years we have improved a number of our monitoring and reporting functions from our independent Annual Report rating to embedding quarterly reporting of performance measures to our Senior Leadership team.
If you are already working in the area of performance monitoring and reporting, you have experience with non-financial performance reporting and/or the development of performance measures, and you would like to help us to advise our Senior Leadership on what matters most for performance, then we would like to hear from you.
You will have experience in the following areas:
- Developing performance measures and/or performance reporting at an organisational or a branch level
- Business planning at an organisational or a branch level
- Some knowledge of machinery of government and government accountability requirements would be advantageous
The skills you will bring to the team include:
- Report writing and analysis
- Flexibility and persistence, coupled with maturity and pragmatism
- Translate data and information into concise communication.
- Be confident engaging across all levels of the organisation.
- A keen eye for detail
About The Ministry
MPI's purpose is ‘Growing and Protecting New Zealand' and our ambition is for ‘New Zealand to be the most trusted source of high value natural products in the world'. We have developed an organisational strategy to ensure we have a clear path to follow that enables us to deliver on outcomes to achieve our ambition and purpose. MPI is tasked with the education and compliance of biosecurity, fisheries, animal welfare and food safety legislation. We also have a role to play in forestry, trade and sustainable economic development.
To view the position description and/or apply for the role (submitting a cover letter and current curriculum vitae), please click “APPLY NOW”. For tracking and reporting purposes, all applications must be submitted through our online careers portal.
If you have any questions about the role, contact Koren Wilkinson at Koren.Wilkinson@mpi.govt.nz
Applications close on 27 October 2017.