Quarantine Officers Auckland | Auckland
|Category:||Biosecurity Frontline Staff|
|Position Type:||Permanent Full Time|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||02-Feb-2018|
Your country needs you!
Ministry for Primary Industries are now recruiting Quarantine Officers for 2018
Ko te pae tawhiti whaia kia tata- seek the distant horizon until it draws near
Ko te pae tata whakamaua kia tina - when it is in reach seize it and hold fast!
- Would you like a career that is challenging, full of variety, and of critical importance to the future of New Zealand?
- Are you passionate about protecting this beautiful country at the frontline?
- Roles now available in Auckland, Wellington & Christchurch/Queenstown
Our Quarantine Officers are highly trained, every-day New Zealanders doing an extraordinary job for their country. We work with importers, industry, and airlines to ensure that cargo and passengers entering New Zealand are free of biosecurity risk.
The Ministry for Primary Industries helps protect New Zealand's natural environment, industries and people against exotic pests and diseases. Our Quarantine Officers are passionate people with a very important frontline role.
So what is so good about this job?
- A breadth of work – work at an international airport, port, cargo facility
- Full training is provided (a mix of classroom, on-the-job training and a residential programme)
- Further Development Opportunities – for those prepared to put in extra effort, there are opportunities in Leadership, Analysis and Subject Matter Expertise
- To join a high-performing team that are passionate about their job, protecting NZ and living the MPI values
- A great salary with benefits and allowances as you progress
What will you offer us?
- We're looking for passionate, self-motivated people who enjoy a range of tasks and worksites
- You will be fit and healthy as you will be standing for periods of time
- Working indoors and sometimes outdoors will appeal to you
- You will have solid work experience (such as retail, administration or trades), strong communication skills (oral and written), a commitment to customer service, delivering to stakeholders and a desire to work in a continuously changing environment
- You have the ability to perform accurate data entry, as this is a critical component in this position
- An interest or qualification in agriculture, horticulture, forestry, botany, or environmental science
- You must be a Citizen or Permanent Resident of New Zealand to apply for this role. Fluent English is a must with a second language being a bonus.
These roles are highly sought after, so if you think you have what it takes, don't hesitate to apply.
The application process will include the completion of an on-line application and questionnaire, the uploading of your CV and cover letter, so please allow approximately 30 minutes to apply. You will also need to upload a copy of the Ishihara Eye Test – more information can be found on our website below.
For full information please visit our website www.quarantineofficers.co.nz and hit the apply now button!
Applications close 2 February 2018