Senior Developer | Wellington City
|Position Type:||Permanent Full Time|
|Attachments:|| BTIS Senior Developer.pdf (PDF, 164KB)
|Application Close Date:||15-Jan-2018|
The Business Technology and Information Services directorate is looking to recruit a Senior Developer to join our Applications team.
In this role you will work with an existing mission critical suite of applications. This role centres on Microsoft technologies, which includes heavy involvement of Biztalk services for orchestration and messaging between internal and inter agency systems.
Ideally we want an experienced Biztalk developer but we are prepared to develop the right candidate.
To be successful in this role, you will have the following:
- Extensive experience with C# .NET development in WCF, EF, SQL, ASP.NET web forms and MVC
- Experience with XML, XSLT and XML Schema Design
- Maintaining and developing web services
- Experience with diagnosing, configuring and supporting IIS, Security Certificates and network connectivity issues
- Experience with providing application support for complex software systems
- Experience and commitment to working in an Agile delivery team
- Experience and commitment to automation of testing and deployments
- An obsession with learning new things
- Able to work well across different functional teams
- Organisational and time management skills
- A teamwork ethos
Other experience we would value:
- BizTalk Development, deployment and support
- Skillsets that support a modern approach to decomposing monolithic applications to provide service layers
Sound like you?? Apply now!!
About the Ministry for Primary Industries
Our purpose is “Growing and Protecting New Zealand”. We are striving to help the primary sector double the value of its exports by enabling industries to grow, and to strengthen their environmental performance.
MPI encourages and supports people to be the best they can be, to see more of who MPI is and what we do click here
We value your experience and skills, but you will also need to demonstrate the qualities we value as an organisation. Our people are passionate about their work. They put the customer first and are always thinking about innovative, agile ways to solve business and customer needs. Our people act with integrity, are down to earth, open and honest and always looking for ways to improve.
If you think you have what we are looking for, we would like to hear from you! For detailed information on this role please refer to the position description or contact email@example.com
Applications close 15 January 2018.