Response Manager | Wellington City
|Position Type:||Permanent Full Time|
|Attachments:|| 2017 JD Response Manager.pdf (PDF, 279KB)
|Application Close Date:||22-Jan-2018|
The Incident Management Team (IMT) is part of the Response Group, Readiness and Response Services of the Operations Branch.
The Incident Management Team is accountable for the delivery of effective responses aimed at reducing high risk food, trade and biosecurity threats that may impact human health the environment and New Zealand's primary industries.
The role of the Response Manager is to lead or support a response to minimise the impact. In addition to providing leadership and support for the management of responses the position will also identify generic and specific response systems and preparedness improvements and contribute to readiness development and implementation.
We have an opportunity for a Response Manager who can complement the current IMT expertise and we are particularly interested in applications from people with previous relevant response experience.
Key areas of focus for the Response Manager role include:
- Contributing to the strategic direction and structure for the delivery of MPI's response programme
- Initiate, lead and manage allocated responses by using foundations and frameworks that are in place across MPI and government to deliver response objectives approved by Governance
- Actively lead and manage the people involved in responses
- Contribute to strategic leadership, and mentoring other staff in response management.
- Support the Team Manager Incident Management by providing sound technical advice and analysis and recommendations, and work collaboratively with other members of the team to ensure the work is coherent, efficient and effective.
- Contribute subject matter expertise to inform the delivery of readiness activity in MPI as needed
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with both internal and external stakeholders who may be participating, impacted or otherwise interested in a response
To view the position description and/or apply for the role (submitting a cover letter and current curriculum vitae), please click “APPLY NOW”. For tracking and reporting purposes, all applications must be submitted through our online careers portal.
If you have any questions about the role, please contact Kathryn Scrimgeour, Senior Recruitment Adviser at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications for this role close Monday 22 January.