Senior Policy Analyst / Policy Analyst - Skills, Capability and Regulation | Wellington City
|Position Type:||Permanent Full Time|
|Attachments:|| Senior Policy Analyst and Policy Analyst JD Policy and Trade.pdf (PDF, 215KB)
|Application Close Date:||22-Feb-2018|
- This is not your typical policy role
- Do you have regulatory policy experience but enjoy a role with variety?
- Do you have strong written communication skills
About the team
Our skills and regulatory stewardship team sits within the Policy and Trade branch of MPI. Our team has the following key focusses:
- Leading the development and delivery a work programme to build the capability and capacity of the primary sector workforce;
- Supporting the development of policy advisors within MPI and improving the quality of policy advice;
- Ensuring regulatory processes across MPI are of sound quality and meet government requirements and expectations
About the role
We are currently looking for a Senior Policy Analyst and a Policy Analyst to join our team. We are looking for people with policy experience particularly experience embedding good regulatory stewardship practice within an agency and assisting it to ensure its regulatory systems remain smart and fit for purpose.
You will have the ability to write clearly and succinctly for a range of audiences in a government setting. You will be collaborative in style and have the ability to approach people, build relationships and work through others to get to where you and the team need to quickly. You will also have experience commissioning and analysing data and advising Ministers on the results.
Why and how to apply
This is a role with real variety and a range of activities to keep you busy and stimulated. Our team has a developing work programme and room to really add value across our branch, the Ministry and the broader public sector.
MPI is focussed on career pathways and developing our staff so if you are a policy professional looking for a role with variety, challenge and the opportunity to advance your career we would love to hear from you.
To view the position description and/or apply for the role (submitting a cover letter and current curriculum vitae), please click on “APPLY NOW” in order to be directed to our website.
If you have any questions about the role, please contact Matt Brown Senior Recruitment Advisor 04 894 0258 or email@example.com.
Applications close: Thursday 22 February