Programme Adviser / Senior Programme Adviser | Wellington City
|Category:||Project Managers/Project Support|
|Position Type:||Permanent Full Time|
|Attachments:|| JD Programme Adviser - Senior Programme Adviser.pdf (PDF, 442KB)
|Application Close Date:||26-Feb-2018|
In the Strategy Directorate we don't do ‘business as usual'
Our Portfolio & Project Services (PPS) team has a fresh opportunity for an experienced Programme Advisor or Senior Programme Advisor to join us. Read on if:
- you're excited by a fast paced change environment and looking to broaden your skills and knowledge in an impactful way
- you're interested in applying your project, programme and/or portfolio management skills managing across a diverse array of interesting initiatives
- you want to have a hand in shaping and driving the important changes MPI is delivering to grow and protect our primary industries
The PPS team manages MPI's Strategic Portfolio – a group of the most important projects that MPI is focussed on in our role of growing and protecting New Zealand's primary industries. The team sits within MPI's Strategy Directorate, the home of the big picture thinking for the organisation.
We have a big focus on developing a portfolio function that best suits MPI, so there is room to innovate and explore to find the best way to support implementation of MPI's strategic direction, and shape MPI's future.
Currently the core activity of the team is to:
- contribute thinking to improve structures, processes and enable great investment decisions;
- partner with MPI's important strategic initiatives to optimise, provide assistance where needed, and monitor their overall progress and performance
- provide independent oversight and advice to the Senior Leadership Team on MPI's Strategic Portfolio;
- maintain and improve the MPI project methodology and the tools that support it; and
- provide a suite of training and coaching services to develop organisational capability in project management
We're looking for someone who:
- has project, programme and/or portfolio management experience
- energetic and excited by driving strategic change
- has a strong interest in furthering MPI's strategic direction
- is keen to work in an innovative way that will have an impact right across MPI
- loves variety and wants to work across a broad range of project types
- is adept at diagnosing issues and, more importantly, identifying solutions
- has a willingness to muck in and work on high priority initiatives emerging in MPI
To apply for this role you must hold the right to work in New Zealand or be eligible to obtain it – click here to find out more about work visa eligibility and options.
To find out more about the Ministry and what we do please click here
To view the position description and/or apply for the role (submitting a cover letter and current curriculum vitae), please click “APPLY NOW” or visit the MPI Careers Site. For tracking and reporting purposes, all applications must be submitted through our online careers portal.
For detailed information on this role please refer to the position description or contact Koren.Wilkinson@mpi.govt.nz
Applications close 26 February 2018.