Business Support Adviser | Wellington City
|Category:||Accounting and Finance|
|Position Type:||Fixed Term Full Time|
|Attachments:|| 12 month business support adviser job description.doc (Word, 269KB)
|Application Close Date:||17-Jan-2018|
We are currently looking for a 12 month fixed term Business Support Adviser to join our Branch Planning & Performance Team and help the ministry to achieve its goal of “Growing and Protecting New Zealand”.
The Business Support Adviser will provide detailed analysis, identification of financial risk, monthly reporting and provide backup system administration for the time recording system used by the Ministry. The work also has a focus on continuous improvement and change initiative projects.
Key Responsibilities & Duties:
- Responsible for the daily management of debt for the Regulation & Assurance (R&A) Branch
- Provide backup for the Time Recording System administration where required
- Review expenditure and revenue to ensure accuracy of accounting and processing journals to reallocate costs as necessary
- Support in the implementation of billing systems
- Develop systems and reporting to review, analyse and monitor financial performance of the R&A Directorates
- Liaise with Corporate Finance on accounting requirements, reporting and business requirements
If you think you're up for the challenge, then we'd like to hear from you.
To view the position description and/or apply for the role (submitting a cover letter and current curriculum vitae), please click “APPLY NOW” in order to be directed to our website. For tracking and reporting purposes, all applications must be submitted through our online careers portal.
If you have any questions about the role, you may contact Nick Goddard for a confidential discussion at firstname.lastname@example.org
In order to be considered for this role, applicants must be immediately available for an interview within New Zealand and must hold a current New Zealand work permit or be a New Zealand resident.
Applications for this role will not be accepted after 5 pm on 17 January 2018