Senior Policy Analyst / Policy Analyst | Wellington City
|Position Type:||Permanent Full Time|
|Attachments:|| Senior Policy Analyst and Policy Analyst JD Policy and Trade.pdf (PDF, 215KB)
|Application Close Date:||25-Feb-2018|
Are you a confident person who likes a challenge, can work across government and with industry, advocacy and interest groups? If this sounds like you, read on ….
You will need to be a skilled communicator capable of working with a range of people with different backgrounds, perspectives and interests. You will enjoy working in a busy team within a sometimes complex and ambiguous environment. Strong creative problem solving skills will be necessary.
Previous experience in primary industries is not essential. We are after your ability as an analyst and your interest in the environment in which our primary producers operate.
To be successful in this role you need;
· Previous experience as a policy analyst or in a similar working environment
· Strong analytical skills
· A capacity to quickly identify and clearly express core elements of an issue or proposal
· The ability to find policy solutions and think broadly
· Strong oral and written presentation skills
· The ability to influence and persuade, using a variety of techniques
· A tertiary qualification in resource management, agricultural, forestry, fisheries, horticultural or biological sciences, politics, public policy, economics, law, or a related discipline
To join the team as a Senior Policy Analyst you will need to have substantial policy experience. You will need to comfortable leading policy processes and coaching and mentoring more junior analysts.
Working at MPI puts you at the centre of the government in an organisation which operates from the border to the Beehive and spans the length and breadth of the country. This role offers an opportunity to work across a broad range of issues for the Ministry committed to growing and protecting New Zealand.
You'll work with a great group of people, have an interesting workload and excellent development opportunities.
If this sounds like a role that interests you and you are driven to succeed please click on “APPLY NOW” in order to be directed to our website.
Please attached your CV and cover letter.
If you have any questions about the role please contact Matt Brown, Senior Recruitment Adviser on 04 894 0258 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications close: Sunday 25 February 2018