Developer Intern | Christchurch
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||23-Feb-2018|
The Business Technology and Information Services directorate is looking to recruit an Intermediate Developer to join our Christchurch applications team on a casual basis (at least 20 hours per week for the period until 30th June 2018).
This opportunity is for a specific project to provide an online searchable image database for use by Pacific countries, using a range of technologies listed below.
In this role you will work as part of a small team. You will be mentored in this role to produce solutions consistent with our applications strategy with heavy emphasis on integration, mobility, and cloud. You will deliver client solutions using service orchestration, web, and mobile platforms.
To be successful for this role, you will have the following:
- A desire to work in an agile team and share knowledge
- Experience with Java development
- Experience with; Spring Boot, JPA, Elasticsearch/Logstash/Kibana
- User interface experience with Angular or at least similar (JS, HTML, SCSS)
- Experience with, and believe in, test automation, CI, and CD
- Experience with containerisation and/or orchestration in the cloud
- Initiative and nous (problem solving)
- Motivation to deliver quality and consistency
- Commenced a Software Engineering or Computer Science degree
Apply now if you would like to grow a deeper skillset in an agile environment. Great CV-ware.
To find out more about the Ministry and what we do please click here
To apply for this role, please click “APPLY NOW”. For tracking and reporting purposes, all applications must be submitted through our online careers portal.
If you have any questions about the role, contact Koren Wilkinson at firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close 23 February 2018.