Manager Ministerials and Business Support | Wellington City
|Position Type:||Permanent Full Time|
|Attachments:|| L4 Manager Ministerials and Business Support ODG Feb 2018.pdf (PDF, 281KB)
|Application Close Date:||26-Feb-2018|
Are you interested in growing and protecting New Zealand? If so, join us at MPI as we work towards our ambition to ensure NZ is the most trusted source of high value natural products in the world.
We are looking for a Ministerials and Business Support Manager that has governance and leadership experience to ensure exceptional support to senior management, the Office of the Director-General branch and the wider organisation.
You will lead cross organisational processes and systems and an enthusiastic and ambitious team of 25 staff to deliver and facilitate:
- senior leadership governance
- services to our four ministerial offices
- general business support across the Office of the Director-General branch
- responses to all of MPI's Official Information and Privacy Act requests
You will also be part of the branch leadership team.
The role will require:
- an analytical and curious mind
- understanding of the public sector and political nous
- the ability to build relationships and work across all levels of the organisation
- digital savvy – as data and performance reporting will play a large part of the role
- someone who can both dive into the detail of systems and processes and maintain a clear view of the high-level strategic objectives of the organisation
- the ability to work to deadlines and moving targets
- strong communication and stakeholder management skills
MPI offers a dynamic environment and strong career pathways. There is a real opportunity to make the role your own.
The successful candidate must have the ability to obtain a ‘Confidential' Security Clearance – to find out more click here
For detailed information on this role please refer to the position description or contact Koren.Wilkinson@mpi.govt.nz
Applications close 26 February 2018.