Compliance Investigator | Wellington - Petone
|Position Type:||Permanent Full Time|
|Attachments:|| Compliance Investigator PD.pdf (PDF, 265KB)
|Application Close Date:||23-Mar-2018|
- Do you want to contribute to the growth and protection of New Zealand's Primary Industries and resources?
- Do you have familiarity with investigative methodologies?
- Would collaborating with other investigators to achieve a positive outcome be attractive to you?
As a General Investigator with the Ministry for Primary Industries, you'll be at the forefront of safeguarding New Zealand's unique environment. We're looking for a confident individual to join our team and conduct investigations in sectors pertaining to biosecurity, fisheries, animal welfare and food safety.
This is a challenging position that requires a high level of dedication, self-discipline and self-motivation. Ideally you will be able to demonstrate a high level of technical expertise and knowledge in the field of investigations. However, applicants who display the ability to utilise logic and methods to analyse problems and come up with effective solutions will be considered alongside those with general investigative backgrounds.
Key Skills / Educational Requirements
To be successful in this role you will possess:
- High level of interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively in both spoken and written form
- Existing experience in investigations or proven ability in gathering information and evidence
- The ability to learn and interpret and act within the remit of the various Acts with which you'll be working (i.e. Biosecurity Act, Wine Act, Agricultural Compounds and Veterinary Medicines Act, Food Act, Fisheries Act, Animal Products Act, Forests Act, Animal Welfare Act, and more).
- Commitment to highest standards of professionalism and integrity
- Time management and planning skills
- High level of self-motivation
- It would be advantageous, but not required, to have an understanding of Court of Law procedures
- A tertiary degree would be desirable, but not required – and pertinent life / professional experience will be considered
In order to be considered for this role, you must either be a New Zealand resident or citizen.
A security clearance classification to the level of SECRET is required for this position. The successful applicant will be required to obtain and maintain this clearance. Please visit http://www.mpi.govt.nz/about-mpi/careers/apply/security-clearance for more information.
Please note, given this position is safety sensitive the preferred applicant/s for the position will be required to undergo a drug and alcohol pre-employment screening test. Further information on this process can be found on our careers site under the application process, on pre-employment checks page.
To view the position description and/or apply for the role (submitting a cover letter and current curriculum vitae), please click “APPLY NOW” in order to be directed to our website. For tracking and reporting purposes, all applications must be submitted through our online careers portal.
Applications for this role will close on Friday 23 March 2018. Please contact Carly Birse – Senior Recruitment Advisor at email@example.com if you require further information.