Data Modelling Analyst / Senior Modelling Analyst | Auckland
|Position Type:||Permanent Full Time|
|Attachments:|| Data Modelling Analyst JD.doc (Word, 292KB)
|Application Close Date:||13-Jul-2018|
Are you passionate about using complex math to solve real world problems and also want to know that your work contributes to the protection of New Zealand's borders?
Do you have experience in applying machine learning or deep learning to solve real world problems such as identifying risks, or developed algorithms for natural language and image processing?
Joint Border Analytics Team
The Joint Border Analytics Team (JBA) is growing its capability in Auckland. The Ministry for Primary Industries branded business unit, Biosecurity New Zealand is seeking a full time Data Modelling Analyst to work alongside Customs & Immigration New Zealand staff in this unique fusion team environment, focusing on building analytical tools, predictive models and data insights to support operations.
Successful candidates will work on MPI/Biosecurity-specific projects, as well as designing and supporting joint projects with Customs and Immigration. They will be exposed to a wide range or border-related issues, and have the opportunity to work with complex and disparate data, and contribute to system improvements.
We value creativity. So if you can come up with novel and interesting solutions to problems involving data enrichment, pattern mining or predictive analytics, then this is the right place for you.
We are looking for analysts with experience in AI and machine learning development for operational delivery. Bring your tertiary qualification in science, engineering, mathematics, statistics or related field, along with your experience in utilising various analytical techniques to understand and interpret a wide range of data to make assessments/recommendations.
As a Modelling or Senior Modelling Analyst you will:
- Source and integrate information and data for use in data interrogation techniques such as data mining and advanced analytics;
- Apply an innovative approach to undertaking complex statistical and pattern analysis including identification, preparation and oversight of data mining algorithms;
- Collaborate with colleagues on joint projects to develop, maintain and continuously improve analytical models that lead to enhanced border management;
- Identify new analytical techniques and tools to enhance the identification and targeting of border risks;
- Work with internal MPI teams to investigate ways of integrating learnings from analysis into process and practice;
- Share expertise and learnings, mentor and guide team members and international counterparts.
For more information about MPI– click here.
How to Apply
To view the position description and/or apply for the role please click “APPLY NOW” to be directed to our website. For tracking and reporting purposes, all applications must be submitted through our online careers portal.
If you have any questions about the role, Robert Smith for a confidential discussion at email@example.com
In order to be considered for this role, applicants must be immediately available for an interview within New Zealand and must be a New Zealand citizen, Permanent Resident or Resident, with 5 years of history in New Zealand.
Applications close on 13 July 2018.