Veterinary Technical Supervisor- Upper North Island | Auckland
|Position Type:||Permanent Full Time|
|Attachments:|| PD-VTS Live Animals 2017.pdf (PDF, 317KB)
|Application Close Date:||22-Apr-2018|
- Are you looking to broaden your Veterinary career and work within the Live Animal team?
- Are you looking for a fulltime Auckland based role?
- Are you customer focused?
The successful applicant will be a Veterinarian currently registered as practicing with the NZ Veterinary Council. The position offers an ideal opportunity for a self-organised veterinarian who likes variety and is capable of working well in our small, sociable team, as well as on their own. Additionally, candidates should demonstrate their capability to make effective decisions, manage stakeholders and prioritise a diverse workload.
- The position will involve: Participating in the afterhours roster
The Live Animal team consists of six frontline veterinarians and three administration support staff and is based near the Auckland airport.
No two days are the same and you will have lots of variety, including the verification of live animal quarantine facilities, inspection of imported live animals and their documentation, verification of live animal and germplasm export requirements and issuing of export certificates. Containment Facility and Best Practice audits are also performed by the team.
MPI will provide all required training for the role and encourages ongoing development and career progression.
About the Organisation:
The Ministry for Primary Industries' vision is to Grow and Protect New Zealand. We have developed an organisational strategy to ensure we have a clear path to follow that maximises our opportunities.
About the Branch and the Team:
Reporting to the Manager Live Animals and based in Auckland the role sits within the Verification Services directorate which is part of Regulation & Assurance. MPI Verification Services (MPI VS) provides a range of food safety and biosecurity verification and certification services to support market access strategies and setting standards.
For more information about MPI does – continue here.
Key Skills, attributes and educational requirements:
The successful applicant is expected to be able to demonstrate the following attributes and capability:
- A strong interest in growing and protecting New Zealand and enhancing New Zealand's reputation.
- Good interpersonal skills and an ability to work in a team environment and meet deadlines.
- A great work ethic and an ability to work flexible hours at short notice.
- A commitment to high standards of animal welfare.
- Great attention to detail.
- Flexible approach to new challenges and ideas.
- Empathise with people, value differences and show respect to alternative views.
- Able to work and make decisions independently.
- Committed to strengthening the team-orientated approach developed by MPI VS.
- Clinical experience.
To view the position description and/or apply for the role (submitting a cover letter and current curriculum vitae) please “APPLY NOW” in order to be directed to our website. All applications must be submitted through our online careers portal.
If you have any questions about the role you may contact Sean Hill, Senior Adviser Specialist Sourcing on firstname.lastname@example.org or 04 894 2478.
In order to be considered for this role applicants must be immediately available for an interview within New Zealand and must be eligible a current New Zealand work permit or be a New Zealand resident.
The closing date for applications is Sunday 22th April