Senior Policy Analyst / Fisheries Analyst | Wellington City
|Position Type:||Permanent Full Time|
|Attachments:|| Senior Policy Analyst or Policy Analyst JD.pdf (PDF, 164KB)
|Application Close Date:||28-Mar-2018|
The International Policy Directorate leads MPI's international engagement on a range of issues relating to the primary sector. The International Fisheries Management Team is focused on maximising New Zealand's access to, and economic benefits from, fisheries resources within environmental limits.
We are looking for a Senior Policy Analyst or Fisheries Analyst to work across the breadth of work in the international fisheries management fora that New Zealand participates in. This role will have a particular emphasis on New Zealand's international fisheries participation in multilateral fora such as the Organisation for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD), and the UN Food and Agriculture Organisation (FAO) and includes collaboration with the International Trade team on fisheries trade related issues.
If you have the following skills we want to hear from you:
• Excellent communication skills, including the ability to prepare high quality policy advice
• Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
• To be flexible and balance multiple work priorities
• A focus on action and the drive to achieve results
• Ability to set clear objectives and goals including detailed planning processes
• A good understanding of how to build relationships across a range of cultures
The successful applicant will need to obtain and maintain a New Zealand government security clearance and should hold a current New Zealand work permit or be a New Zealand resident.
To view the position description and/or apply for the role (submitting a cover letter and current curriculum vitae), please click on “APPLY NOW” in order to be directed to our website.
If you have any questions about the role, please contact Matt Brown, Senior Recruitment Adviser on 04 894 0258
Applications close: Wednesday 28 March 2018