Ministerial Coordinator | Wellington City
|Position Type:||Permanent Full Time|
|Attachments:|| Senior-Ministerial Coordinator JD.pdf (PDF, 221KB)
|Application Close Date:||22-Apr-2018|
Our Ministerial Coordinator supports MPI to deliver its parliamentary and official correspondence!
We are seeking a Ministerial Coordinator to join our Ministerial Services Team in the Office of the Director-General. The team acts as the contact point between the Ministry and Ministers, with a focus on process excellence. Ministerial Coordinators are responsible for the management and processing of parliamentary and official correspondence across the Ministry and for providing high quality support to the Ministers for Primary Industries and Food Safety and their offices.
The Ministerial Coordinator supports MPI to deliver its parliamentary and official correspondence by preparing, formatting and proofreading documents and advising staff on ministerial and parliamentary procedure. The role requires a self-starter with an excellent eye for detail and people skills, who can meet deadlines in a busy environment and work well as part of a small team. The position offers someone the opportunity to look across the Ministry's diverse functions and advice provided to Ministers and is therefore suitable for a new graduate or someone interested in the business of government.
Responsibilities and functions include:
- Ensuring timeframes and quality standards are met by the efficient coordination of parliamentary and official correspondence between the Ministry and Ministers' offices / members of the public.
- Provide advice and assistance to Ministry staff about the processes, procedures and requirements relating to parliamentary and official correspondence and government processes.
- Promote awareness of the standards and timeframes required for parliamentary and official correspondence by developing and delivering training in conjunction with the Team Leader Ministerials.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Either a tertiary qualification or appropriate experience.
- Good knowledge of New Zealand Parliament and government structures and processes.
- Skills in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with a wide range of people.
- Ability to function independently and as part of a team, as required.
- A proven ability to deliver quality material on time.
- Good knowledge and experience working with standard Microsoft Office software products e.g. Word, Excel.
To find out more about the Ministry and what we do please click here
To apply for this role you must hold the right to work in New Zealand or be eligible to obtain it – click here to find out more about work visa eligibility and options.
To view the position description and/or apply for the role (submitting a cover letter and current curriculum vitae), please click “APPLY NOW” or visit the MPI Careers Site. For tracking and reporting purposes, all applications must be submitted through our online careers portal.
For detailed information on this role please refer to the position description or contact Koren.Wilkinson@mpi.govt.nz
Applications close 22 April 2018.