Travelling Technical Supervisor | Auckland
|Category:||Travelling Technical Supervisors|
|Position Type:||Permanent Full Time|
|Attachments:|| PD Travelling Technical Supervisor.pdf (PDF, 339KB)
|Application Close Date:||26-Apr-2018|
- Do you have a background and tertiary qualification in food technology or science?
- Do you like variety in your job and the opportunity to work with like-minded colleagues?
- We have two positions available in the Auckland Circuit Team
The Ministry for Primary Industries Verification Services (MPI VS) provides a range of food safety and biosecurity verification and certification services to support market access strategies and setting standards. These include:
- Verification and certification services to manufacturers and other companies (for example, meat, seafood, game and dairy) mainly involved in exporting.
- Performing some imported foods clearance.
These roles provide an opportunity for applicants with a science or food technology background to work mainly under the Animal Products Act. As a warranted Animal Products Officer, you will carry out verification activities in accordance with current legislation and overseas market access requirements. You will be based in the Auckland region and will travel around Auckland to carry out the verification function, some travel outside of Auckland will be expected.
The Verification Services team in Auckland is seeking applicants for the Travelling Technical Supervisor position to join the Auckland circuit team. These roles sit within the Circuit area of the Verification Services directorate and you will report to the Auckland circuit management.
About the Organisation:
The Ministry for Primary Industries' vision is to Grow and Protect New Zealand. We have developed an organisational strategy to ensure we have a clear path to follow that maximises our opportunities.
For more information about what MPI does – continue here.
Key Skills / Educational Requirements:
- Must have a relevant food technology or related science degree
- Individuals with strong experience working in relevant industries preferred
- Experience in the food industry particularly in compliance, quality assurance and HACCP
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of primary industries in the context of import and export requirements an advantage
- Prior auditing experience or administration of quality systems would be preferred.
- Effective inter-personal and people management skill
- Above average planning and organisational skills. Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines in a dynamic environment
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Must have a full driver's license
To view the position description and/or apply for the role (submitting a cover letter and current curriculum vitae) please “APPLY NOW” in order to be directed to our website. For tracking and reporting purposes, all applications must be submitted through our online careers portal.
If you have any questions about the role, you may contact Melissa Heaney, Recruitment Advisor for a confidential discussion at Melissa.email@example.com
In order to be considered for this role, applicants must be immediately available for an interview within New Zealand and must hold a current New Zealand work permit or be a New Zealand resident.
Applications for this role will not be accepted after Thursday 26 April 2018.
The Ministry for Primary Industries is a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone's differences are valued and respected. We welcome enquires from everyone and value diversity in the workplace and we are willing to consider flexible working arrangements. MPI is an employer of choice.