Project Business Analyst | Wellington City
|Position Type:||Fixed Term Full Time|
|Attachments:|| Project Business Analyst JD.docx (Word, 73KB)
|Application Close Date:||22-Apr-2018|
- Are you a seasoned Business Analyst and looking for your next opportunity?
- Develop your skills by working on a significant emergency management related project.
- Leverage your knowledge to help protect New Zealand
- Fixed term role until July 2020
Are you interested in investigating detail, analysing and understanding the detail of what's going on? Do you want to work on a project which will help New Zealand get ready and prepared to responds to threats which affect the primary industries including biosecurity, Food Safety and Animal welfare and more?
We are looking for a Business Analyst to join the Ministry for Primary Industries in a fixed term role until July 2020 within the Response Capability and Capacity team. This is a unique role that will allow you to work on a significant project which will inform the future of how MPI response to threats. You will bring your investigation, analysis and communication strengths which will allow you understand intemperate and present findings to inform the wider project. You will be highly productive, highly driven and have excellent attention to detail.
About the Organisation:
The Readiness & Response Services Directorate within the Operations Branch brings together critical capability to effectively prepare for and manage responses, and to co-ordinate recovery and long term management activities, working across biosecurity, food, primary production and trade systems.
About the Branch and the Team:
The Operations branch has a critical role in preventing harmful organisms crossing New Zealand's borders. It manages border and compliance activities as well as preparing for, and responding to, any biosecurity incursions that may occur.
The branch also manages MPI's centralised intelligence, planning and co-ordination group which was established to manage food, biosecurity and animal welfare responses consistently and effectively
To find out more about the Ministry and what we do please click here
Key Skills / Educational Requirements
Bring your project experience or experience as a Business Analyst along with your ability to get stuff done and your enjoyment of working in busy environment where no two days are the same are. You will have:
- At least 5 years' experience as a business analyst or similar role
- Experience in business analysis techniques and tools for the gathering requirements
- Experience in planning and facilitating workshops for information gathering
- Extensive experience in developing business requirement at a high and detailed level
- Proven ability to perform, use initiative and persevere in high pressure situations
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills including proven ability to adapt quickly to meet audience needs
Salary range is $66,738 to $91,765 depending on skills and experience.
Keen to Apply?
To apply for this role you must hold the right to work in New Zealand or be eligible to obtain it – click here to find out more about work visa eligibility and options.
To view the position description and/or apply for the role (submitting a cover letter and current curriculum vitae), please click “APPLY NOW” or visit the MPI Careers Site. For tracking and reporting purposes, all applications must be submitted through our online careers portal.
For detailed information on this role please refer to the position description or contact Kathryn.Scrimgeour@mpi.govt.nz
Applications close Sunday 22 April 2018.