Junior Project Manager | Wellington City
|Category:||Project Managers/Project Support|
|Position Type:||Fixed Term Full Time|
|Attachments:|| Junior Project Manager JD.docx (Word, 70KB)
|Application Close Date:||22-Apr-2018|
- Have you worked on projects or managed a small project and looking for your next growth opportunity?
- Develop your expertise in project management by working on a significant emergency management related project.
- Leverage your knowledge of project management to help protect New Zealand
- 18 months fixed term position
Are you passionate about project management and working on projects which will help New Zealand get ready and prepared to responds to threats which affect the primary industries including biosecurity, Food Safety and Animal welfare and more.
We are looking for a Junior Project Manager to join the Ministry for Primary Industries in a fixed term role until July 2020 within the Response Capability and Capacity team. This is a unique role that will allow you to manage a significant project (under supervision of a senior project manager) which will inform the future of how MPI response to threats. You will bring your confidence and project management strengths which will allow you to endure that work gets completed on time, to the right quality and on budget. You will become the go to person for a significant project. You will be highly productive, highly driven and have excellent communication skills.
About the Organisation:
The Readiness & Response Services Directorate within the Operations Branch brings together critical capability to effectively prepare for and manage responses, and to co-ordinate recovery and long term management activities, working across biosecurity, food, primary production and trade systems.
About the Branch and the Team:
The Operations branch has a critical role in preventing harmful organisms crossing New Zealand's borders. It manages border and compliance activities as well as preparing for, and responding to, any biosecurity incursions that may occur.
The branch also manages MPI's centralised intelligence, planning and co-ordination group which was established to manage food, biosecurity and animal welfare responses consistently and effectively
To find out more about the Ministry and what we do please click here
Key Skills / Educational Requirements
Bring your project experience or experience in project management along with your ability to get stuff done and your enjoyment of working in busy environment where no two days are the same. You will have
- Graduate or professional qualification, in a relevant discipline.
- Experience working on complex projects
- Proven experience in developing and managing relationships with internal and external contractors, and stakeholders including managers and peers.
- Proven ability to perform, use initiative and persevere in high pressure situations.
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills including proven ability to adapt quickly to meet audience needs.
- Project or programme management qualification (or ongoing progress towards same)
Salary range for this role is $77,398 - $106,422 depending on skills and experience.
Keen to Apply?
To apply for this role you must hold the right to work in New Zealand or be eligible to obtain it – click here to find out more about work visa eligibility and options.
To view the position description and/or apply for the role (submitting a cover letter and current curriculum vitae), please click “APPLY NOW” or visit the MPI Careers Site. For tracking and reporting purposes, all applications must be submitted through our online careers portal.
For detailed information on this role please refer to the position description or contact Kathryn.Scrimgeour@mpi.govt.nz
Applications close Sunday 22 April 2018.