Team Leader Systems Support - Biosecurity | Wellington City
|Position Type:||Permanent Full Time|
|Attachments:|| L6 Team Leader Systems Support.pdf (PDF, 328KB)
|Application Close Date:||31-May-2018|
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Team Leader to join our Business Technology & Information Services (BT&IS) Systems Support Team. This is a permanent position, requiring an experienced Team Leader to lead and drive the ongoing capability and growth of the team.
You will be leading and working with a team of Systems Analysts and Technical Administrators who provide an integral support function for our platforms and systems. The team provides analysis, technical administration, development and maintenance for applications and platforms. Your team supports the Biosecurity branch of MPI and is one of three Systems Support teams that sit under the wider Development and Operations Team. You will work with your team and your peers to ensure that there are robust processes and procedures in place to support our team to help them exceed our client's expectations. You will create an environment and relationships to encourage your team to work cross-functionally with other IT functions and business groups to deliver solutions that are vitally important to National biosecurity.
Key responsibilities for this role include:
- Ensure the on-going capability of the team is developed and maintained
- Provide advice and leadership on improvements
- Foster a positive working culture
- Ensure staff have a strong customer focus
- Streamline systems and processes
- Manage work backlog and team capacity for the Biosecurity team
- Oversee operations functions
- Ensure standard of work and service levels are maintained, and exceeded where possible
- Manage stakeholders and vendors
You'll be able to build rapport, trust and respect from the team and your peers. Drive continuous improvement and productiveness within the workplace. Communication and your ability to listen will be critical. You'll be able to manage a solid workload in a challenging cross-functional environment. You'll also help the team and wider group deliver on our work programme.
As a leader, you will be proactive, confident and keen to embrace new technologies. We are looking for someone who can bring individuals together to work collaboratively as a team. Preferably an individual who as had experience in leading teams or someone who is looking to take the next step in their career into a leadership role.
You will ideally have:
- Knowledge and experience with Software Development Lifecycles
- Experience in managing teams, projects and/or programmes of work
- Excellent communication skills; you can present complex technical information to both technical and non-technical audiences and negotiate with different business-groups and vendors
- Enthusiasm for work, and don't mind “mucking-in” when required
- Experience working with various Agile frameworks and practices, and in cross-functional teams
- Ability to negotiate in complex, political environments
Knowledge and experience with Salesforce, Azure and/or cloud platforms would be an advantage.
About the Ministry:
To find out more about the Ministry and what we do please click here
To apply for this role you must hold the right to work in New Zealand or be eligible to obtain it – click here to find out more about work visa eligibility and options.
To view the position description and/or apply for the role (submitting a cover letter and current curriculum vitae), please click “APPLY NOW” or visit the MPI Careers Site. For tracking and reporting purposes, all applications must be submitted through our online careers portal.
For detailed information on this role please refer to the position description or contact Koren.Wilkinson@mpi.govt.nz
Applications close 31 May 2018.