Deputy Director General, Corporate Services | Wellington City
|Position Type:||Permanent Full Time|
|Attachments:|| DDG Corporate Services PD.docx (Word, 68KB)
|Application Close Date:||27-May-2018|
Growing New Zealand's economy depends upon the success of our primary sectors. With over 2,500 staff, the Ministry for Primary Industries' (MPI) purpose is to Grow and Protect New Zealand. Our ambition is that New Zealand is the most trusted source of high value natural products in the world. We work to achieve protection, growth, sustainability and participation. The Ministry's activities cover 25 locations nationwide and 13 overseas locations.
This influential position at the leadership table is responsible for ensuring Corporate Services provides exceptional support and maintenance of MPI's systems and work practices that enable the Ministry to deliver its core functions. Wellington based, and overseeing a branch of 300 people, this role has both breadth and depth and incorporates management of Human Resources, Technology and Information Services, Finance, Property and Procurement, Security and Privacy, and Cost Recovery.
As the successful appointee, you will be a key enabler across the Ministry. You will be committed to enhancing digital services to internal customers, including mobilising staff with technology. You will also lead high level engagement and collaboration across government and industry.
To be credible in this role, you will offer:
- Relevant senior leadership experience within the public or private sector;
- An in-depth understanding and experience of the machinery of government;
- Superior people leadership with proven capability and delivery in large scale programmes in finance, HR, IT and cost recovery;
- Evidence of resilience, exceptional financial acumen and risk management;
- Expertise in large scale project and change management;
- Familiarity with complex, multi-faceted technology platforms and systems;
- Proven political nous and track record of leading engagement with Ministers and/or other equivalent stakeholders including inter-agency relationships;
- Strong relationship management and communication skills.
Balancing the maintenance of MPIs engine room while also being innovative and a future focused is no mean feat. Therefore we are looking for both a pragmatist and thought leader to continue to support MPI as it evolves under new leadership.
To view the position description and/or apply for the role (submitting a cover letter and current curriculum vitae), please click “APPLY NOW” in order to be directed to our website. For tracking and reporting purposes, all applications must be submitted through our online careers portal.
For a confidential discussion, please contact Meredith Edwards, Manager Recruitment and Sourcing on 04 830 1526 or at Meredith.Edwards@mpi.govt.nz.
Applications close: Sunday 27th May.