Adviser Food Assurance | Wellington City
|Position Type:||Permanent Full Time|
|Attachments:|| PD Adviser Food Assurance May 2018.docx (Word, 201KB)
|Application Close Date:||03-Jun-2018|
We have an exciting opportunity for an Adviser to join the Food Assurance Team for a permanent and/or 6 months secondment / fixed term contract.
The Food Assurance Team is responsible for setting the rules for import and export of food, and for monitoring the system. We're a small team but have a broad, international view. There are many billions of dollars' worth of product flowing through our system, so it's important we get it right, and can provide evidence to show that the system is working.
As an Adviser Food Assurance you will be helping to develop and run our performance-monitoring framework, which includes collecting, analyzing, understanding, and communicating qualitative and quantitative data to a range of audiences.
The key responsabilités and functions include:
- Develop, implement, and maintain our performance-monitoring systems
- Provide data mining services and data analysis to the team to help with identification, location and management of non-conforming product
- Maintain and improve the team's data repository
- Coordinate and complete team reporting requirements
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with relevant stakeholders (incl. government, industry, and non-government organisations).
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with colleagues and other groups within MPI to facilitate the performance monitoring and reporting requirements.
- Manage our team quality assurance procedures
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Ideally have an understanding of, and experience operating in, quality-management and performance-monitoring systems
- Previous experience in establishing and effectively maintaining collaborative relationships with stakeholders
- Experience in data analysis skills and using BI tools, report writing, and
- Most of all, a can-do and fun attitude!
You will be fully supported and your work will be varied and interesting!
To find out more about the Ministry for Primary Industries and Fisheries New Zealand, and what we do please click here.
To view the position description and/or apply for the role (submitting a cover letter and current curriculum vitae), please click “APPLY NOW” or visit the MPI Careers Site. For tracking and reporting purposes, all applications must be submitted through our online careers portal.
To apply for this role you must hold the right to work in New Zealand or be eligible to obtain it – click here to find out more about work visa eligibility and options.
In order to be considered for this role, applicants must be available to interview within New Zealand or via Skype.
If you have any questions about the role, you may contact Nick Goddard for a confidential discussion on 04 894 0908 or email email@example.com
Applications for this role close on Sunday 3 June 2018