Adviser/Senior Adviser Strategic Planning and Performance | Wellington City
|Position Type:||Permanent Full Time|
|Attachments:|| SPE Adviser Strategic Planning & Performance.pdf (PDF, 196KB)
SPE Senior Adviser Strategic Planning & Performance.pdf (PDF, 196KB)
|Application Close Date:||02-Aug-2018|
- Do you enjoy problem solving, doing things differently and challenging the status quo?
- Are you a big picture, strategic thinker who wants to help MPI plan for the future?
We are looking for an Adviser / Senior Adviser to join us in the Strategic Planning and Performance team to help the Ministry for Primary Industries achieve its strategic direction and lift performance.
The team works across MPI to collect information, insights and perspectives to inform strategic direction and organisational performance. The work we do is going to be more important than ever as MPI moves into a new phase and way of working. There are exciting opportunities to shape what the organisation needs.
This role will focus on either organisational performance and planning, or futures thinking and strategy development. We want to hear from you if you have some experience in the areas listed below:
- Have experience with performance reporting and/or the development of performance measures.
- Are already working in the area of strategy or performance monitoring and reporting.
- A strong interest in strategic/futures thinking.
- Would like to advise our Senior Leadership Team on what matters most for MPI's strategy and performance.
For both roles the skills and experience you will bring to the team include:
- Excellent writing and analysis and a keen eye for detail.
- An ability to influence decision-makers through insightful thinking and robust analysis.
- Flexibility and persistence, coupled with maturity and pragmatism.
- Translating data and information into concise communication.
- Confidence engaging with all levels of people in the organisation.
- A head for broad strategic thinking.
- Some knowledge of machinery of government and government accountability requirements would be advantageous.
To apply for this role you must hold the right to work in New Zealand or be eligible to obtain it – click here to find out more about work visa eligibility and options.
To find out more about the Ministry and what we do please click here
To view the position description and/or apply for the role (submitting a cover letter and current curriculum vitae), please click “APPLY NOW” or visit the MPI Careers Site. For tracking and reporting purposes, all applications must be submitted through our online careers portal.
For detailed information on this role please refer to the position description or contact Koren.Wilkinson@mpi.govt.nz
Applications close 2 August 2018.
The Ministry for Primary Industries is a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone's differences are valued and respected. We welcome enquires from everyone and value diversity in the workplace and we are willing to consider flexible working arrangements. MPI is an employer of choice.