Principal Adviser - Environment and Community Policy | Wellington City
|Position Type:||Permanent Full Time|
|Attachments:|| Principal Adviser JD.docx (Word, 81KB)
|Application Close Date:||24-Jun-2018|
- Challenging policy work on sustainable agriculture issues
- Exciting time to join the team
- Work on front page issues
About the team
The Land Policy team provides policy advice on land issues for the primary production sector. Our work is at the intersection between primary production and the key government priorities of freshwater, climate change, regional economic development and forestry. The team is in the Environment and Communities Directorate and we work with teams across the Ministry of Primary Industries and with the Ministry for the Environment.
About the role
Our team is recruiting for a Principal Advisor. We need an experienced policy practitioner who is skilled in navigating complex issues, leading policy and strategic projects, and engaging with a range of stakeholders.
You will have a background in sustainable agriculture as well as an in-depth understanding of policy.
To be successful in this role you need:
- Very strong analytical ability and a capacity to quickly identify and clearly express core elements of an issue or proposal;
- Ability to take an idea, shape it into a project or proposal and drive delivery;
- Ability to influence and persuade, using a variety of techniques;
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to effectively engage with a wide range of persons with interest and involvement in the primary sector;
If you like to be busy, have exceptional judgement and political nous, show initiative and work well in a sometimes ambiguous environment we want to hear from you.
How and why to apply
Working at MPI puts you at the centre of the government in an organisation which operates from the border to the Beehive and spans the length and breadth of the country. This role offers an opportunity to help the Ministry in grow and protect New Zealand.
To view the position description and/or apply for the role please click apply now in order to be directed to our web site. For tracking and reporting purposes, all applications must be submitted through our online careers portal.
If you have any questions about the role, please contact Matt Brown for a confidential discussion at email@example.com or 04 894 0258
Applications close: Sunday 24 June