Graduate | Wellington City
|Position Type:||Permanent Full Time|
|Attachments:|| Grad 2018 Graduate Development Programme Position Description.pdf (PDF, 292KB)
|Application Close Date:||01-Jul-2018|
MPI Graduate Development Programme
Te hōtaka whakapakari ā MPI
- Become a guardian of our taonga by joining us in our award winning Graduate Development Programme for 2019
- To be considered for this permanent, full-time opportunity, please submit your application by midnight 1 July 2018
We live in a slice of paradise and this is your opportunity join us to grow and protect Aotearoa whilst developing your career in a range of areas. This 18 month programme will have you participating in three work rotations, of approximately six months each in various parts of the business – all over this beautiful country of ours. Each of these rotations will broaden your knowledge, develop your skills and make you feel awesome.
As your time on the Graduate Programme nears completion (after 18 months), don't worry – you aren't left out in the cold – you are one of us – and we'll work with you to align your interests and aspirations to one of the many career opportunities on offer. You could pursue a role in aquaculture, science or on the frontline, or perhaps you'll be drawn to a career in communications, investigations, regulatory or policy. Whatever path you choose, your time on the MPI Graduate Development Programme will be the best thing you ever do.
Who are we looking for?
Ko te tangata mo tēnei tūranga?
This is what you've been working hard for, but it's not enough to just love NZ, we are looking for your unique identifier, your pūtāutu ahurei. Thankfully, you don't have to be a one size fits all mould to make it here at MPI – in fact, what makes you different is what makes you special and that's what we are looking for. Sure, you need to be a recent tertiary graduate (within the past two years) but other than that, show us what you are made of with your savvy communication skills, your ability to problem solve (more than just how to cook another dish using baked beans and soy sauce), strong analytical skills and your collaborative working style. We don't expect graduates to have a wealth of industry knowledge or experience, but involvement in voluntary work or serving one's community, learning or speaking a language other than English, and experience leading or mentoring others (such as in a sports team, volunteer group or academically) are going to set you apart, and that's what we're looking for. Tell us about it, we actually do care about this stuff!
How to apply
Me pēhea te tuku tono
We understand you are busy – exams, nights out, flat meetings, remembering your sisters birthday, seminars… Don't worry, our application process is easy! But there are a couple of things we do need to know about you, so click “apply now” to be directed to our career site to fill out our application and make sure you have the following things ready to upload:
- Your CV (your time to brag about your achievements).
- A cover letter (be specific, think of the trailers for movies, they always include the best bits).
- A copy of your academic transcript. Don't panic, we can accept an unofficial copy which includes some University branding (i.e. log into your “grades” via your University's intranet, and print the grades from there).
Things to consider
Ngā āhuatanga hei whakaaroaro
- Attendance at our Assessment Centre is compulsory, as it involves face-to-face interviews and team events that you don't want to miss. This will be held in Wellington on Thursday 9 August 2018. Don't live in Wellington? All good, MPI will assist with travel arrangements for those selected.
- You must have completed a tertiary degree no more than two years prior to the Programme's start date of mid-January 2019 (i.e. 2017), and be available to assume a full-time role in the Programme in mid-January 2019.
- In order to be considered for the Programme, you must be a New Zealand permanent resident or an Australian citizen.
- You may address your cover letter to Koren Wilkinson, Recruitment Adviser.
- Applications close at midnight on 1 July 2018. For further information on our process, or if you have any other questions, please email Koren at firstname.lastname@example.org
Follow MPI here
Whāia ngā tuhononga ki MPI i konei
Check out our awesome MPI Graduate Programme video