Ministerial Coordinator | Wellington City
|Position Type:||Permanent Full Time|
|Attachments:|| Senior-Ministerial Coordinator.pdf (PDF, 280KB)
|Application Close Date:||20-Jun-2018|
We are seeking a Ministerial Coordinators to join our Ministerial Services Team in the Strategy Performance & Engagement branch. This is a permanent opportunity that you don't want to miss!
The team acts as the contact point between MPI and Ministers, with a focus on process excellence. It is responsible for the management and processing of parliamentary and official correspondence across MPI and providing high-quality support to MPI, the Minister for Primary Industries and Food Safety and their offices. Ministerial Coordinators support this by preparing, formatting and proofreading documents and advising staff on ministerial and parliamentary procedure.
The role requires a self-starter with an excellent eye for detail and people skills, who can meet deadlines in a busy dynamic environment and work well as part of a small team. This role could be suitable for a recent graduate, someone wanting a start in government or to continue their ministerial servicing career in a dynamic organisation critical to securing New Zealand's economic prosperity.
Responsibilities and functions include:
- Efficiently coordinating parliamentary and official correspondence between MPI and Ministers' offices/members of the public to ensure timeframes and quality standards are met
- Provide advice and assistance to MPI staff about the processes, procedures and requirements relating to parliamentary and official correspondence and government processes
- Promote awareness of the standards and timeframes required for parliamentary and official correspondence by developing and delivering training in conjunction with the Team Leader
To be successful in this role you will have:
- A tertiary qualification in a relevant field
- Experience in ministerial servicing or in coordinating work in a complex, busy environment with changing priorities
- Political awareness and the ability to develop an understanding of the machinery of government and parliamentary processes
- Skills in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with a wide range of people
- Ability to function independently and as part of a team, as required
- A proven ability to deliver quality material on time
- Good knowledge and experience working with standard Microsoft Office software products e.g. Word, Excel
If you want to work in the organisation that is “Growing and protecting New Zealand” and is focussed on the success of the primary sector, then we want to hear from you.
To find out more about the Ministry and what we do please click here
To apply for this role you must hold the right to work in New Zealand or be eligible to obtain it – click here to find out more about work visa eligibility and options.
To view the position description and/or apply for the role (submitting a cover letter and current curriculum vitae), please click “APPLY NOW” or visit the MPI Careers Site. For tracking and reporting purposes, all applications must be submitted through our online careers portal.
For detailed information on this role please refer to the position description or contact Koren.Wilkinson@mpi.govt.nz
Applications close 20 June 2018.