Live Animals Coordinator | Auckland Airport
|Position Type:||Permanent Full Time|
|Attachments:|| Live Animal Coordinator PD.pdf (PDF, 293KB)
|Application Close Date:||26-Jun-2018|
- Do you believe in delivering the best customer experience possible?
- Do you enjoy getting things done and ticking off ‘to do' lists whilst maintaining your own high attention to detail?
- Do you thrive in a fast moving, busy environment where no two days are the same?
Would you like working as part of a bigger team with shared values and focus on New Zealand's primary industries?
Based near Auckland Airport our Live Animal Team provide a range of functions and services including export for live animals and germplasm, inspection of imported live animals and verification of live animal transitional and containment facilities all over New Zealand.
As a Live Animal Coordinator, you will provide administrative and operational support to the Live Animal team, provide exceptional customer service in person, via phone or email as required, supporting external customers with their technical and operational enquiries, as well as ensuring work is allocated to MPI staff.
You will also provide accurate and timely data entry, document preparation, and invoicing processes and support the development of internal quality systems.
About the Organisation:
The New Zealand Food Safety branch of the Ministry for Primary Industries (MPI) provides a range of food safety and biosecurity verification and certification to support access of animal products to overseas markets. Maintaining and growing international market access for New Zealand depends on the excellent work that our vets provide on the front line.
About the Branch and the Team:
Reporting to the Team Leader Live Animal Coordinator, you would be part of a team of three, the role sits with the Verification Services directorate. MPI Verification Services (MPI VS) provides a range of food safety and biosecurity verification and certification services to support market access strategies and setting standards.
Key Skills / Educational Requirements
- Experience of managing relationships including external stakeholders and customers
- Demonstrable time management skills including organising and prioritising
- Excellent communication skills, verbally and in writing
- Attention to detail
- Demonstrable capability in the use of information technology including MS Office suite, invoicing and time management systems.
- Being able to work collaboratively in a small team
- Experience in general administration and task management
- Animal handling skills would be desirable.
To view the position description and/or apply for the role (submitting a cover letter and current curriculum vitae) please “APPLY NOW” in order to be directed to our website. For tracking and reporting purposes, all applications must be submitted through our online careers portal.
If you have any questions about the role, you may contact Melissa Heaney, Recruitment Advisor for a confidential discussion at Melissa.firstname.lastname@example.org
In order to be considered for this role, applicants must be immediately available for an interview within New Zealand and must hold a current New Zealand work permit or be a New Zealand resident.
Applications for this role will not be accepted after Tuesday 26 June 2018
The Ministry for Primary Industries is a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone's differences are valued and respected. We welcome enquires from everyone and value diversity in the workplace and we are willing to consider flexible working arrangements. MPI is an employer of choice.