Policy Administrator | Wellington City
|Attachments:|| Policy Administrator JD.docx (Word, 142KB)
|Application Close Date:||18-Jul-2018|
- Are you looking for a part-time role (up to 0.5 FTE), open to flexible hours of work?
- Would you like to be part of New Zealand's international efforts to mitigate the effects of climate change?
The Ministry for Primary Industries (MPI) plays a key role in working with the primary industries to enable their success and increase the value of our nation's exports. Our role is to investigate, maintain and secure new sanitary and phytosanitary market access, while developing the requirements and relationships that support trade with overseas countries.
About the role
This position is based within the New Zealand Secretariat of an international research organisation dedicated to helping mitigate greenhouse gas emissions in agriculture. Working in a small team, you will help provide administrative support for researchers and policymakers and respond to enquiries from the general public.
Skills and Experience
To be successful in this role, ideally you will have:
- An interest in climate change issues and agricultural research
- Strong written and verbal communication skills:
- provide email responses to public enquiries
- write formal letters and documents using templates
- gather information to write or summarise copy for web and social media
- create and distribute newsletters by email
- Strong Microsoft Office skills
- Experience using WordPress (no .html knowledge required)
- Familiarity with social media, including Twitter and Facebook
- The ability to prioritise workload and organise data
- Problem solving and self-starting skills
- A team player outlook
How and why to apply
Our work stretches all the way from the Beehive to the border. If you want a career where you help to grow and protect New Zealand in a very real way then this is it. Our team is collegial, supportive and hard working. MPI has a focus on career pathways so this is the first step in your career with us and we will help you grow.
To view the position description and apply for the role, please click on “APPLY NOW” in order to be directed to our website.
If you have any questions about the role, please contact Matt Brown, Senior Recruitment Adviser on 04 894 0258 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications close: Wednesday 18 July 2018
The Ministry for Primary Industries is a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone's differences are valued and respected. We welcome enquires from everyone and value diversity in the workplace and we are willing to consider flexible working arrangements. MPI is an employer of choice.