Systems Auditor | National
|Position Type:||Permanent Full Time|
|Attachments:|| PD Systems Auditor.doc (Word, 360KB)
|Application Close Date:||22-Jul-2018|
The Systems Audit Team are accountable for the development and delivery of the Systems Audit Programme. Audits and sector analyses within this programme span production, processing and export of food and food-related products, live animals and germplasm, overarching programmes such as organics and border processes, animal welfare and market access specific requirements.
The Systems Auditor will assist in enabling market access for New Zealand's primary products and assure their integrity, safety and reputation by undertaking systems audits of MPI and third party activities when acting as the New Zealand Competent Authority.
You will also contribute to the assurance of integrity, safety and reputation of New Zealand's primary products, including food, by:
- auditing the effectiveness of the Regulation & Assurance Branch intervention model and decision making policies (regulatory and non-regulatory) including a fit for purpose risk management framework
- providing intelligence on trends and significant issues occurring in stakeholder industries or accredited agencies to the relevant initiator of specific audit programmes
- preparing, assessing, responding to and reporting any assigned instances of critical non-compliance
- collating and analysing audit findings and presenting any resulting trend information to the standard setters to inform further development and review of standards
- acting as Technical Experts in accreditation assessment of recognised Agencies.
The desirable applicant will be a highly motivated self-starter, but must also be able to work as part of a remotely based team. They must be able to meet deadlines and think on their feet. They will be outgoing and have the ability to build solid relationships with stakeholders – specifically local government, and from a variety of cultural backgrounds. This role requires a significant amount of domestic travel. Applicants should bear this in mind before applying.
Required competencies/experience are, but are not limited to:
- An auditing qualification and at least 2 years auditing experience
- A tertiary qualification in Food Science/Engineering
- Sound understanding of NZ legislation relating to dairy/animal products, food production and processing
- Experience in dairy or food processing sectors covered by NZ legislation
- A current and clean NZ Drivers Licence
- A current passport
To be successful in this role you should have: a very strong analytical ability; a capacity to quickly identify and clearly express core elements of an issue or proposal; excellent communication skills to enable effective linkages with MPI staff, stakeholders and other agencies; demonstrated ability to produce written material that is concise, fluent and clearly presented.
Locations throughout New Zealand will be considered
To view the position description and/or apply for the role (submitting a cover letter and current curriculum vitae), please click “APPLY NOW” or visit the MPI Careers Site. For tracking and reporting purposes, all applications must be submitted through our online careers portal.
To apply for this role you must hold the right to work in New Zealand or be eligible to obtain it – click here to find out more about work visa eligibility and options.
In order to be considered for this role, applicants must be available to interview within New Zealand or via Skype.
If you have any questions about the role, you may contact Nick Goddard for a confidential discussion on 04 894 0908 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that since this is considered a ‘safety-sensitive' role, MPI's Drug and Alcohol testing policy will apply.
Applications for this role close on Sunday 22 July 2018
The Ministry for Primary Industries is a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone's differences are valued and respected. We welcome enquires from everyone and value diversity in the workplace and we are willing to consider flexible working arrangements. MPI is an employer of choice.