Senior Policy Analyst or Policy Analyst Food Policy | Wellington City
|Position Type:||Permanent Full Time|
|Attachments:|| Senior and Policy Analyst JD May 2018.docx (Word, 81KB)
|Application Close Date:||29-Jul-2018|
- Are you keen to work in a high profile work area?
- Are you smart, driven and looking for your next move in your Policy career?
- MPI supports a range of flexible work options
About the team
The Food Policy team at MPI works on a broad range of issues central to the management of domestic food production and international trade in food. We are responsible for supporting the development of new standards under the trans-Tasman Food Treaty and the development of policies relating to food, including legislative and regulatory review.
MPI is committed to growing and protecting New Zealand's primary sector. New Zealand's reputation for producing exceptional, high-quality food is fundamental to our exporting success. Issues related to food also impact on every New Zealander; we all want to know that the food we are purchasing and consuming is safe.
About the role
We have a great opportunity for a high calibre policy analyst or senior policy analyst to join our team (we are open to making the role a secondment opportunity). Your primary role will be to support the Trans-Tasman Food Treaty through the collaborative joint Australia and New Zealand Food Regulation System. It will involve work on a variety of interesting topics, in particular food labelling and composition issues. We work closely with stakeholders here in New Zealand and our Australian counterparts.
A career at MPI offers a supportive and engaged team environment, a range of training and development opportunities, and a varied and topical work programme. There will also be opportunities to contribute to food responses, engage with Ministers and senior leaders and interact with key stakeholders.
We are looking for a Senior/Policy Analyst who:
- applies critical thinking and analytical skills to challenge the status quo
- provides clear, concise, well-reasoned and practical advice
- will bring a ‘can do' attitude and take ownership of their work to deliver the best results
- has strong interpersonal skills and the desire to make a positive contribution to the team
- has experience in a policy/regulatory role
- has knowledge of or an interest in food safety or the primary sectors and how these issues relate to New Zealand's environmental, economic, social and political decision making
How and why to apply
If you want a career where you help to grow and protect New Zealand in a very real way then this is it. Our team is collegial, supportive and hard working. MPI has a focus on career pathways so no matter where you are in your career, we will help you grow.
To view the position description and/or apply for the role (submitting cover letter and current curriculum vitae), please click on “APPLY NOW” in order to be directed to our website.
If you have any questions about this role, please contact Matt Brown, Senior Recruitment Adviser on 04 894 0258 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications close: Sunday 29 July 2018
The Ministry for Primary Industries is a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone's differences are valued and respected. We welcome enquires from everyone and value diversity in the workplace and we are willing to consider flexible working arrangements. MPI is an employer of choice.