Principal Advisor Finance | Wellington City
|Category:||Accounting and Finance|
|Position Type:||Permanent Full Time|
|Attachments:|| Principal Advisor Finance JD August 2018.pdf (PDF, 494KB)
|Application Close Date:||19-Aug-2018|
- Provides thought leadership to leadership teams to develop realisable solutions to improve organisational financial sustainability
The Ministry for Primary Industries (MPI) is responsible for ‘Growing and Protecting New Zealand'. It's no mean feat and we have a team of hard working and dedicated people in a variety of roles supporting us to make this happen!
We are looking for an experienced finance advisor to join our Finance team with a focus on providing clear analysis and advice for our customers.
About the role
The role is responsible for implementing and leading forward looking reporting, analysis and financial management advice. You will have a strong understanding of the external budgeting cycle, business cases, budget initiatives and an understanding the machinery of government. You will bring highly developed costing and modelling skills whilst having a proven ability to build key relationships with both internal and external stakeholders.
Ideally you will have:
- Experience of strategic and business planning, and the development of long term financial plans
- Experience in managing relationships and consultation with an assortment of internal and external stakeholders
- Experience in Central Government financial management processes and procedures including sound understanding of the Public Finance Act
- Experience in analysing and advising on business decisions with financial impact
- Excellent influencing and communication skills, verbal and written
- Strong organisational and planning skills
How / why to apply?
Our work stretches all the way from the Beehive to the border. If you want a career where you help to grow and protect New Zealand in a very real way then this is it. Our team is collegial, supportive and hard working. MPI has a focus on career pathways so this is the first step in your career with us and we will help you grow.
To view the position description and apply for the role, please click on “APPLY NOW” in order to be directed to our website. For tracking and reporting purposes, all applications must be submitted through our online careers portal.
If you have any questions about the role, please contact Ruth, Recruitment Adviser at email@example.com.
Applications close: Sunday 19 August 2018
The Ministry for Primary Industries is a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone's differences are valued and respected. We welcome enquires from everyone and value diversity in the workplace and we are willing to consider flexible working arrangements. MPI is an employer of choice.