Senior Policy Analyst or Policy Analyst - Economic Intelligence Unit | Wellington City
|Position Type:||Permanent Full Time|
|Attachments:|| Senior and Policy Analyst JD May 2018.docx (Word, 81KB)
|Application Close Date:||19-Aug-2018|
- Would you like to be a strategic partner to some of the New Zealand's most exciting primary sector companies?
- Are you interested in developing new strategies, at times challenging thinking and using supporting data and evidence to influence decision makers?
- Are you driven and curious, while looking to make your mark in a major organisation?
The Ministry for Primary Industries is responsible for enhancing New Zealand's primary production sectors, safeguarding our resources and animal welfare, and securing market access for our products. Our work is essential to building and maintaining New Zealand's reputation as a producer of safe and high quality food and other primary products.
About our team
MPI's recently launched Economic Intelligence Unit (EIU) are pushing the limits of what is possible, with innovative market intelligence capabilities and data sets. We are partnering and enabling New Zealand primary sector exporters, inform sector and government decision-making, strategies, and conversations between producers, retailers, and distributors. We are an exciting, vibrant and fast-moving place to work and we are looking for someone who'll thrive in this environment.
We need smart, curious and enthusiastic analysts who are able to unpick international consumer drivers, identify and articulate opportunities in New Zealand's export markets, and is able to shape our work on complex strategic issues. This is an exciting position here at MPI, and offers the opportunity to really make an impact while carving out your own space.
We are looking for someone who is:
- Tertiary qualified with a degree in economics, commerce or a similar field (e.g. math or research);
- A natural analyst who loves quantitative and qualitative information, is sharp with numbers and can quickly distil loads of information into relevant, narrative-rich commercially-savvy recommendations;
- A smart communicator who can turn their hand to writing, and presenting clear and concise documents;
- Someone with great people skills, who likes working with and talking to people of all types of backgrounds and seniority;
- Ideally you will have primary sector commercial experience, with a great sense of what makes a strategy or business case ultimately successful; and,
- A creative problem solver.
How and why to apply
Our work stretches all the way from the Beehive to the border. If you want a career where you help to grow and protect New Zealand in a very real way then this is it. Our team is collegial, supportive and hard working. MPI has a focus on career pathways so this is the first step in your career with us and we will help you grow.
To view the position description and/or apply for the role (submitting a cover letter and current curriculum vitae), please click on “APPLY NOW” in order to be directed to our website.
If you have any questions about the role, please contact Matt Brown, Senior Recruitment Adviser on 04 894 0258 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications close: Sunday 19 August
The Ministry for Primary Industries is a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone's differences are valued and respected. We welcome enquires from everyone and value diversity in the workplace and we are willing to consider flexible working arrangements. MPI is an employer of choice.