Manager Strategy and Customer | Wellington City
|Position Type:||Permanent Full Time|
|Attachments:|| BTIS L4 Manager Strategy and Customer (SFIA6).pdf (PDF, 382KB)
|Application Close Date:||26-Aug-2018|
- Do you enjoy technology strategy and business models?
- Want to be part of an innovative leading government ICT Team?
The Ministry for Primary Industries (MPI) is responsible for ‘Growing and Protecting New Zealand'. We help maximise export opportunities for our primary industries, improve sector productivity, ensure the food we produce is safe, increase sustainable resource use, and protect New Zealand from biological risk. It's no mean feat and we have a team of hard working and dedicated people in a variety of roles supporting us to make this happen!
About our team
The Business Technology and Information Services Directorate is part of the Corporate Services Branch within MPI. BTIS's vision is ‘making business easier and better' and our horizons remain to ensure we deliver to business outcomes as outlined in MPIs Information Technology Strategy.
- ‘Base Foundations' – where we continue to get our existing systems and applications fit-for-purpose while transitioning to new platforms or adopting all-of-government common capabilities.
- ‘Business Efficiency' - where we leverage automated processes and experiment with new IT innovations to enable our people to deliver operational activities and services to the highest standards.
- ‘Ecosystem Collaboration' – where we take a proactive and collaborative approach to systems evolution with internal and external consumers of data and information in mind. This will require us to integrate our systems and enable data so it can be leveraged and disseminated across our primary industry ecosystem.
To achieve our vision, BTIS has to be an exceptional service provider, a highly effective team, a creative innovator, change enabler and a responsive integrator between MPI, government, suppliers and industry.
As part of a recent realignment of the BTIS function a new role Manager - Strategy and Customer, reporting to the Director, Business Technology and Information Services (CIO), has been created within MPI's Business Technology and Information Services Directorate (BTIS).
About the role
This position is responsible for providing leadership and managing all staff by ensuring robust technology and information strategies and processes are known across MPI. You will support the Director in a number of critical areas including conceptualising, developing and implementing technology/business strategies, assurance models and benchmarks. Plus the position is responsible for determining and refining the BTIS culture required to deliver the best possible outcomes for customers, as well as providing strategic transitional guidance as BTIS continually adapts to achieve its goals.
You will inspire, create and actively lead a number of broad critical areas and have experience in:
- Developing and maintaining strategic plans, including; Information Services Strategic Plans, Cloud and Digital Technology Plans.
- Customer and stakeholder management with demonstrable experience in developing effective customer delivery frameworks.
- Experience in defining, creating and managing Enterprise Architecture frameworks and standards.
- Demonstrated experience in software design methodologies, patterns and practices. This knowledge is used to inform architecture frameworks and patterns that can be used internally, by third party vendors or by other Ministries.
- Working with Risk and Assurance frameworks.
- Staff management and development.
- Managing contracts and relationships with external providers and supplies.
- Project management skills, including experience in leading projects and achieving effective outcomes in situations where there are diverse interests.
- Knowledge of strategic and business planning processes.
- Sound understanding of Information Service Delivery models.
How / why to apply?
Our work stretches all the way from the Beehive to the border. If you want a career where you help to grow and protect New Zealand in a very real way then this is it. Our team is collegial, supportive and hard working. MPI has a focus on career pathways so this is the first step in your career with us and we will help you grow.
To view the position description and apply for the role, please click on “APPLY NOW” in order to be directed to our website. For tracking and reporting purposes, all applications must be submitted through our online careers portal.
If you have any questions about the role, please contact Ruth Greening, Recruitment Adviser at email@example.com or call 04 831 3449 for a confidential conversation.
Applications close: Sunday 26th August 2018
The Ministry for Primary Industries is a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone's differences are valued and respected. We welcome enquires from everyone and value diversity in the workplace and we are willing to consider flexible working arrangements. MPI is an employer of choice.