Chief Technology Officer | Wellington City
|Position Type:||Permanent Full Time|
|Attachments:|| BTIS L4 Chief Technology Officer (SFIA 6).pdf (PDF, 554KB)
|Application Close Date:||26-Aug-2018|
- Do you want to be the manage technology products, platforms, partnerships and resources?
- Be part of an innovative leading government ICT Team?
- Enjoy strategy and emerging technologies?
The Ministry for Primary Industries (MPI) is responsible for ‘Growing and Protecting New Zealand'. We help maximise export opportunities for our primary industries, improve sector productivity, ensure the food we produce is safe, increase sustainable resource use, and protect New Zealand from biological risk. It's no mean feat and we have a team of hard working and dedicated people in a variety of roles supporting us to make this happen!
About our team
The Business Technology and Information Services Directorate is part of the Corporate Services Branch within MPI . BTIS's vision is ‘making business easier and better' and our horizons remain to ensure we deliver to business outcomes as outlined in MPIs Information Technology Strategy.
- ‘Base Foundations' – where we continue to get our existing systems and applications fit-for-purpose while transitioning to new platforms or adopting all-of-government common capabilities.
- ‘Business Efficiency' - where we leverage automated processes and experiment with new IT innovations to enable our people to deliver operational activities and services to the highest standards.
- ‘Ecosystem Collaboration' – where we take a proactive and collaborative approach to systems evolution with internal and external consumers of data and information in mind. This will require us to integrate our systems and enable data so it can be leveraged and disseminated across our primary industry ecosystem.
To achieve our vision, BTIS has to be an exceptional service provider, a highly effective team, a creative innovator, change enabler and a responsive integrator between MPI, government, suppliers and industry.
As part of a recent realignment of the BTIS function a new role of Chief Technology Officer (CTO), reporting to the Director, Business Technology and Information Services (CIO), has been created within MPI's Business Technology and Information Services Directorate (BTIS) to unite core functions together to allow a seamless integration for the product portfolio teams regarding all aspects associated with our technology layers from an infrastructure, integration and applications perspective. We have created two new functions whereby standard frameworks will guide the teams and we propose a more dedicated focus on user experience design to ensure we take a customer centric approach that will make it ‘easier and better for the business'. The Service Delivery, Development and Operations, Service Frameworks and User Experience capabilities are united together under the leadership of a Chief Technology Officer.
About the role
This position is responsible for the custodianship of MPI's technology from an infrastructure, telecommunications, applications and integration perspective. You set the strategy for the management of technology products, platforms, frameworks, partnerships and resources to ensure the successful delivery of products and services for the business.
You will inspire, create and actively lead new flexible ways of working to manage and maintain ICT products and platforms as well oversee ICT assurance plans and service performance while always having consideration to the business. We are looking for someone who has
- Significant experience in a CTO or similar position with an emphasis to experiment and develop new models that will strengthen our service level management and user experience.
- Information Assurance knowledge.
- Proven ability to understand short term and long term views and vision.
- Ability to ensure all key stakeholders understand the technology vision.
- Proven ability to lead and ensure a culture of innovation and improvement while ensuring we remain relevant with emerging technologies.
- Relevant experience working in product development and management.
How / why to apply?
Our work stretches all the way from the Beehive to the border. If you want a career where you help to grow and protect New Zealand in a very real way then this is it. Our team is collegial, supportive and hard working. MPI has a focus on career pathways so this is the first step in your career with us and we will help you grow.
To view the position description and apply for the role, please click on “APPLY NOW” in order to be directed to our website. For tracking and reporting purposes, all applications must be submitted through our online careers portal.
If you have any questions about the role, please contact Ruth Greening, Recruitment Adviser on 04 831 3449 or email@example.com.
Applications close: Sunday 26th August 2018
The Ministry for Primary Industries is a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone's differences are valued and respected. We welcome enquires from everyone and value diversity in the workplace and we are willing to consider flexible working arrangements. MPI is an employer of choice.