Infringement Officer | Christchurch
|Position Type:||Permanent Full Time|
|Attachments:|| Infringement Officer - SPE JD.pdf (PDF, 573KB)
|Application Close Date:||30-Sep-2018|
Infringement Officer – Permanent role based in Christchurch
We have an excellent opportunity for an Infringement Support Officer to join the team here at MPI and make a real difference to our sustainability and border measures.
At the heart of the New Zealand economy is the primary industries, and the Ministry for Primary Industries plays a key role in partnering with the industry to enable their success.
The role is based at Sir William Pickering Drive Christchurch, but with wide ranging contact and responsibility from the upper North to the deepest South.
This is an ideal role for someone looking to extend their legal knowledge working directly with the front line compliance officers who issue infringement notices to alleged offenders.
What we are looking for in this role is someone who:
- Is switched on and has the motivation and enthusiasm to become a subject matter expert in this diverse and challenging role providing advice on process.
- Has a high level computer literacy
- Has strong written and verbal communication skills
- Can easily relate to a wide range of people from diverse backgrounds
- Is diplomatic and can deal with issues discreetly
The day-to-day duties include:
- Ensuring the notices sent on behalf of the Ministry are accurate and meet statutory time limits.
- Banking is completed daily,
- Correspondence is answered promptly or followed up if a decision is required from a warranted Officer.
- Meeting various reporting requirements and other processes
A high level of computer skills and written communication is required at the offset and a legal background is ideal; but not essential. The person in this position must maintain strict confidentiality and be the soul of discretion.
The Infringements Officer is responsible to the Team Leader- Infringements, who is situated in Wellington, as part of the wider Prosecutions and Legal Services team. The Infringements team is a small one and requires a high level of responsibility and autonomy as the position is often a sole charge one.
You will receive as much support from the team as you require at the start, to ensure you will be self-governing and able to get the job done. Be innovative and be a star!
Our work at MPI stretches all the way from the Beehive to the border. If you want a career where you help to grow and protect New Zealand in a very real way then this is it. Our team is collegial, supportive and hard working. MPI has a focus on career pathways so this is the first step in your career with us and we will help you grow.
In this role you must have the ability to obtain a ‘Confidential' Security Clearance – for more information, please click here
MPI is an equal opportunity employer and committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion. Your unique talents and experience will help us deliver exceptional services to New Zealand. In return you'll enjoy an inclusive and flexible working environment in a diverse team of people while you're growing your career. We actively encourage applications from any background.