Senior Adviser/Counsellor | Wellington City
|Position Type:||Permanent Full Time|
|Attachments:|| Market Access Counsellor PD.docx (Word, 80KB)
|Application Close Date:||22-Nov-2018|
- Are you looking for a role with growth opportunities and an international focus
- Would you like to utilise your technical background to open trade opportunities?
The Ministry for Primary Industries (MPI) plays a key role in working with the primary industries to enable their success, and increase the value of our nation's exports. Our role is to investigate, maintain and secure new sanitary and phytosanitary market access, while developing the requirements and relationships that support trade with overseas countries.
About the role
The role will deal with specific market access issues and manage stakeholder enquiries concerning market access. You will provide technical advice and support for the development, maintenance and review of market access requirements and assist in bilateral market access negotiations and technical discussions.
Skills and Experience
To be successful in either of these roles, ideally you will have:
- A strong interest in economics, international trade rules and bilateral market access negotiations.
- Knowledge of New Zealand's primary industry sectors
- Strong technical background and knowledge of New Zealand's food safety, official assurance and biosecurity systems and regulation
- Strong analytical and effective project management skills
- Sound relationship management, written and verbal communication and presentational skills.
- Problem solving and self-starting skills.
- A trade background, smart and savvy, diplomatic and skilled at negotiation.
- A veterinary, food science technology, microbiology, plant health or similar science based degree.
How and why to apply
Our work stretches all the way from the Beehive to the border. If you want a career where you help to grow and protect New Zealand in a very real way then this is it. Our team is collegial, supportive and hard working. MPI has a focus on career pathways so this is the first step in your career with us and we will help you grow.
To view the position description and apply for the role, please click on “APPLY NOW” in order to be directed to our website.
If you have any questions about the role, please contact Katrina Minx, Senior Recruitment Adviser on 04 8314908894 0258 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications close: 22nd November 2018
MPI is an equal opportunity employer and committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion. Your unique talents and experience will help us deliver exceptional services to New Zealand. In return you'll enjoy an inclusive and flexible working environment in a diverse team of people while you're growing your career. We actively encourage applications from any background.