Senior Policy Analyst or Policy Analyst - Food & Regulatory Policy - Food Policy B | Wellington City
|Position Type:||Permanent Full Time|
|Attachments:|| Senior and Policy Analyst JD.pdf (PDF, 334KB)
|Application Close Date:||27-Feb-2019|
- Are you keen to work in a high profile work area that impacts on the well-being of all New Zealanders?
- Do you want to help support market access for some of our key exports?
- Are you looking to be part of a fun and high performing team?
The Ministry for Primary Industries (MPI) is responsible for ‘Growing and Protecting New Zealand'. It's no mean feat and we have a team of hard working and passionate people in a variety of roles both on the ground and in the office supporting us to make this happen!
About the team
The Food Policy Team sits within the Policy and Trade Branch of MPI. Food is one of New Zealand's key exports, and Food Policy works on a range of high priority issues, including future-proofing our food system, exploring the intersection between food and health, and responding to consumer demands for assurances around organic products. We are a talented, motivated and positive team who work collegially to get results.
About the role
This is a great opportunity for a passionate and talented Senior Analyst or Analyst to join our team. We are looking for an enthusiastic person who is keen to tackle some interesting policy issues while developing their skills and knowledge. The role will involve developing and shaping new regulatory systems and working with a broad range of stakeholders, and will provide fantastic development opportunities.
What we are looking for
- The intellectual capability to analyse complex issues and provide sound advice.
- An experienced policy professional who can think strategically and use evidence to inform your work.
- A superb communicator with influencing skills that will allow you to work collaboratively within MPI, across government and with external stakeholder groups.
- A solid understanding of legislative frameworks and processes.
- Demonstrated experience in delivering high quality advice that meets organisation needs and delivers on long-term goals and objectives
- A willingness to provide intellectual and professional leadership to others
- Sound judgement, integrity and discretion.
To view the position description and/or apply for the role (submitting cover letter and current curriculum vitae), please click on “APPLY NOW” in order to be directed to our website.
If you have any questions about this role, please contact Katrina Minx on 04 831 4908 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close: Wednesday 27th February 2019
MPI is an equal opportunity employer and committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion. Your unique talents and experience will help us deliver exceptional services to New Zealand. In return you'll enjoy an inclusive and flexible working environment in a diverse team of people while you're growing your career. We actively encourage applications from any background.