Expression of Interest - Policy & Trade | Wellington City
|Position Type:||Fixed Term Full Time|
|Attachments:|| Senior and Policy Analyst JD.pdf (PDF, 334KB)
|Application Close Date:||31-Jan-2019|
Expression of Interest – Policy opportunities at the Ministry for Primary Industries
- Join us and be surprised by the diverse opportunities available
- 18 month Fixed term positions up to June 2020
If you are an experienced policy professional and want to work on some fascinating policy to future-proof the primary sector and biosecurity system, we would love to hear from you. We are looking for policy professionals from Policy Analysts through to Principal Advisers to join our Policy & Trade branch at the Ministry for Primary Industries. We have opportunities available in the following areas:
- Supporting primary sectors to take action on climate change
- Biosecurity legislative reform
- On-farm biosecurity changes
- Marine and fisheries policy
- Improving our National Animal Identification and Tracing scheme
- Freshwater policy
- Farm planning
- Farm System Change (empowering farmers to become more resilient and improve the sustainability of their land management practices
- Ensuring science is able to help us address some of our biggest challenges including biosecurity responses
Policy & Trade has refreshed its strategy to help deliver on the Government's plan, and MPI's strategic direction of growing and protecting New Zealand. We are actively engaged across government agencies, other stakeholders, and all New Zealanders to provide high quality solutions to meet New Zealanders' needs in our changing environment.
We are seeking people who can lead sustainable change and performance in the primary sector, support positive outcomes for New Zealanders and our environment, and ensure that our way of life, our resources, and our biodiversity are protected from harmful pests and diseases.
If you are passionate about the primary sector and growing and protecting New Zealand, and have the following experience, we want to hear to hear from you:
- Tertiary qualified with a degree in policy, economics, science, commerce or other relevant fields (e.g. research);
- Strong analytical skills;
- Great communication skills (oral and written);
- Previous policy experience;
- The ability to find policy solutions and think broadly;
- A collaborative working style;
- Ability to network and maintain relationships.
To view the position description and apply for the role, please click on “APPLY NOW” in order to be directed to our website.
If you have any questions about the role, please contact Katrina Minx, Senior Recruitment Adviser on 04 831 4908 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications close: 31st January 2019
MPI is an equal opportunity employer and committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion. Your unique talents and experience will help us deliver exceptional services to New Zealand. In return you'll enjoy an inclusive and flexible working environment in a diverse team of people while you're growing your career. We actively encourage applications from any background.