Commercial Contract Manager | Wellington City
|Category:||Accounting and Finance|
|Position Type:||Permanent Full Time|
|Attachments:|| Commercial Manager JD December 2018 (003).pdf (PDF, 309KB)
|Application Close Date:||21-Jan-2019|
The Ministry for Primary Industries is focused on supporting New Zealand's primary sector to be the most trusted source of high value natural products in the world. To achieve this MPI is working to promote an adaptive and environmentally responsible primary sector, grow prosperity through insight and innovation, and continuously increase our capability to protect New Zealand from biological risks.
We are looking for an experienced Commercial Contract Manager to ensure MPI has effective supplier management in place for suppliers that are strategically important to the delivery of MPI's objectives. You'll be responsible for:
- leading the resolution of issues and concerns between MPI and AsureQuality
- applying commercial and financial discipline to the management of the AsureQuality contract
- managing supplier performance including through monthly performance monitoring;
- making sure roles and responsibilities are clearly defined
- undertaking risk management
- reviewing contractual changes
- leading internal stakeholder management
You will report directly to the Chief Financial Officer, and work closely with the Head of Biosecurity New Zealand and managers across MPI.
To be successful, you'll:
- have substantial experience managing complex commercial supplier relationships
- have proven experience in analysing technical issues, making business decisions with financial impact and commercial contract negotiations
- apply commercial acumen
- be confident working with senior leaders.
If you're passionate about the primary sector and growing and protecting New Zealand, we want to hear from you. To find out more about the Ministry and what we do please click here
The benefits of working at MPI include:
- Up to three additional (MPI holidays) leave days
- Focus on career development
- Wellness benefit for employees
- Reduced premiums Health insurance
- Comprehensive induction programme
MPI supports modern working arrangements that encourage positive and healthy work/life balance, and allow our people to work productively and flexibly. Talk to us about making this role flexible in terms of days, hours or place of work.
How to Apply:
To view the position description and/or apply for the role please click “APPLY NOW” or visit the MPI Careers Site. For tracking and reporting purposes, all applications must be submitted through our online careers portal.
For detailed information on this role please refer to the position description or contact Steven.Adam@MPI.govt.nz.
Applications close Monday 21 January 2019
MPI is an equal opportunity employer and committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion. Your unique talents and experience will help us deliver exceptional services to New Zealand. In return you'll enjoy an inclusive and flexible working environment in a diverse team of people while you're growing your career. We actively encourage applications from any background.