Executive Assistant (Fixed Term) | Wellington City
|Position Type:||Fixed Term Full Time|
|Attachments:|| Executive Assistant to DDG SPP.pdf (PDF, 109KB)
|Application Close Date:||25-Jan-2019|
The Ministry for Primary Industries' purpose is growing and protecting New Zealand, with the aim of making New Zealand the most trusted source of high-value natural products in the world.
In Sector Partnerships and Programmes (SPP) our goal is to work with land owners, industry organisations, farmers, fishers, growers, foresters and researchers to unlock the sustainable growth potential of New Zealand's primary industries.
SPP is a dynamic, complex and exciting space to work in, and our Deputy Director-General SPP requires a highly skilled and seasoned executive assistant who can hit the ground running on a fixed-term or secondment basis through to October 2019.
Key responsibilities of the role include:
- Supporting the DDG in the effective and efficient use of their time
- Managing diary and information flows
- Provision of administrative and secretarial support
- Identifying, planning and ensuring the DDG is aware of upcoming tasks, events and requirements
Key attributes required to be successful in the role include:
- The ability to judge situations well, and to take the initiative to respond quickly and appropriately where required
- The ability to focus on multiple issues, to prioritise, and to work to deadlines without losing attention to detail
- A highly responsive approach and a commitment to supporting the DDG
- The ability to deliver accurate, timely and quality products
- Proven experience within the Microsoft Office environment and tools to support modern ways of working, such as Skype.
To be considered for this role, you must be experienced in planning and providing high quality executive support services to a tier 2 core public sector manager.
In return, you will enjoy working as part of a team of passionate people committed to ensuring New Zealand's economic and cultural future is secure.
The salary range for this role is $55,000 - $75,000 dependent on skills and experience.
If you are confident your experience and skills are relevant, we are interested in hearing from you by 25 January 2019.
Please contact Dionne Barton on (04) 894 3459 should you have any questions regarding this role.
MPI is an equal opportunity employer and committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion. Your unique talents and experience will help us deliver exceptional services to New Zealand. In return you'll enjoy an inclusive and flexible working environment in a diverse team of people while you're growing your career. We actively encourage applications from any background.