Investigation Analyst (Compliance) | Wellington - Petone
|Position Type:||Permanent Full Time|
|Attachments:|| Senior and Investigation Analyst - CSU.docx (Word, 124KB)
|Application Close Date:||01-Feb-2019|
Central Investigations based at MPI-Office Petone is looking for an Investigation Analyst to join the Ministry for Primary Industries within the Compliance Services Directorate of the Operations Branch.
This group is responsible for investigations leading to criminal proceedings. The team services a range of MPI administered legislation – Biosecurity Act 1993, Animal Products Act 1999, Animal Welfare Act 1999, Fisheries Act 1996, Forests Act 1949, Food Act 2014, Hazardous Substances and New Organisms 1996, Trade in Endangered Species 1989, Agricultural Compounds and Veterinary Medicines 1997 and more. The Senior Investigation Analyst will work closely with all MPI Operations teams and other New Zealand and international regulatory and law enforcement agencies for the purposes of gathering, analysing and the dissemination of intelligence and information.
The role, provides investigative support and effective tactical and operational intelligence that is critical in identifying, planning, and conducting compliance investigations; and the capacity to analyse data and deliver value added business / intelligence products, which will assist Compliance Investigation Managers and Compliance Investigators with:
- decision making regarding the deployment of investigation resources across legislation administered by MPI;
- business reporting regarding deployment of investigation resources; and
- the delivery of intelligence led compliance investigations, and
- the preparation of evidence for court hearings.
Key Skills / Educational Requirements
- Tertiary qualifications in relevant discipline(s)
- Excellent fluent ability with MS Excel
- Knowledge of the Intelligence Cycle
- Working knowledge of collecting and interpreting information
- Data mining, research and analytical ability
- Working knowledge and experience in collection, development and analysis of information to produce actionable intelligence for the purpose of investigation
- Understanding legislation in a criminal investigation context.
You will need to demonstrate a high level of interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate and negotiate effectively in both spoken and written form with a wide range of people, time management and planning skills, and the use of problem solving techniques.
Ready to apply?
The successful applicant must also be able to obtain a ‘Secret' security clearance. Please visit http://www.mpi.govt.nz/about-mpi/careers/apply/security-clearance/ for more information.
In order to be considered for this role, applicants must be a New Zealand Permanent Resident or New Zealand Citizen.
To view the position description and/or apply for the role (submitting a cover letter and current curriculum vitae), please click “APPLY NOW” in order to be directed to our website. For tracking and reporting purposes, all applications must be submitted through our online careers portal.
MPI encourages and supports people to be the best they can be, to see more of who MPI is and what we do click here.
Applications close 1 February 2019.
MPI is an equal opportunity employer and committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion. Your unique talents and experience will help us deliver exceptional services to New Zealand. In return you'll enjoy an inclusive and flexible working environment in a diverse team of people while you're growing your career. We actively encourage applications from any background.