Manager, Organics Policy - Food & Regulatory Policy | Wellington City
|Position Type:||Fixed Term Full Time|
|Attachments:|| Organics Manager Position Description FINAL.docx (Word, 61KB)
|Application Close Date:||26-Mar-2019|
- Are you an experienced senior policy analyst or policy Manager looking for the next step in your career?
- Have you a good understanding of policy and a desire to lead an enthusiastic team?
- Would you like to take the unique opportunity to lead and shape a whole new act and create a new regulatory system?
The Ministry for Primary Industries (MPI) is responsible for ‘Growing and Protecting New Zealand'. It's no mean feat and we have a team of hard working and passionate people in a variety of roles both on the ground and in the office supporting us to make this happen.
About the team
The Organics Policy Team sits within the Policy and Trade Branch of MPI. This newly created team will work closely alongside two existing Food Policy teams to design and implement a new Act and a new regulatory regime relating to organic products. Organic products, particularly food products, are a growing, high value export for New Zealand, and there is increasing demand for organics products both in New Zealand and amongst our trading partners. We are a talented, motivated and positive team who work collegially to get results.
About the role
We have an exciting new role available to lead our high performing team. The Organics Policy Manager will manage a team of four, progressing the development of the Bill and a new regulatory regime for organic products. This will involve managing highly capable analysts to deliver high quality advice, and contributing to the leadership of the Food, Skills and Science Policy Directorate. It will also involve building and maintaining relationships across MPI, engaging with Ministers and senior leaders and communicating with key stakeholders.
Fixed Term to 30th September 2020
This role will appeal to experienced policy professionals keen to lead and develop a brand new regulatory system. You will be an enthusiastic and motivated individual who brings excellent initiative and judgement to the role. Your skills and experience will include:
- Sound policy experience, preferably with an understanding of the regulatory process
- Proven experience to deliver high quality policy work in a fast-paced environment
- Aptitude for working with ambiguity, translating policy objectives into practical, actionable steps and following through
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Ability to present information and ideas effectively and engagingly to a wide range of audiences
- Experience in leading collaborative work programmes
- Ability to build and maintain relationships, both internally and externally.
- Ability to motivate and lead a team, and develop talent
In return, you will be part of a supportive and inclusive leadership team and enjoy support and opportunities to develop your career. A range of flexible working options will be considered for this role.
How to apply
Working at MPI puts you at the centre of the government in an organisation which operates from the border to the Beehive and spans the length and breadth of the country.
If this sounds like a role that interests you and you are driven to succeed please click ‘apply now' to view the position description and/or apply for the role (submitting a cover letter and current curriculum vitae).
If you have any questions about this role, please contact Katrina Minx, Senior Recruitment Advisor on 04 831 4908 or email@example.com.
Applications close: Tuesday 26th March 2019
MPI is an equal opportunity employer and committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion. Your unique talents and experience will help us deliver exceptional services to New Zealand. In return you'll enjoy an inclusive and flexible working environment in a diverse team of people while you're growing your career. We actively encourage applications from any background.