Senior/Business Adviser | Wellington City
|Position Type:||Permanent Full Time|
|Attachments:|| RA BPP Senior_Business Adviser.docx (Word, 84KB)
|Application Close Date:||29-Mar-2019|
- Do you love solving problems?
- Have you got strong research and written communication skills?
- Do you understand concepts such as quality management and process mapping?
About our team
The Branch Planning & Performance Team are a Branch shared service that plans, develops, measures, reports and improves the process and procedures across the system for the Regulation & Assurance (R&A) Branch, New Zealand Food Safety (NZFS) and the wider Ministry. We ensure the activities of the Branch/NZFS are clearly aligned to the Ministry's strategy and core deliver systems and provide thought leadership for the business.
About the role
We are looking for a customer-centric Business Adviser with a can do attitude, who is keen to learn and the motivation to make a real difference to help the ministry to achieve its goal of “Growing and Protecting New Zealand”.
To be credible in this role, you will offer:
- Relevant tertiary qualification or equivalent experience in related work that involved a component of research methods and application, such as scientific or social research
- Demonstrated experience in gathering, organising and communicating information
- Experience in developing and undertaking research and the subsequent reporting of the insights gained through that research.
- Excellent written communication skills
- Experience in applying Quality Management System principles, process mapping and using various documentation tools
You will be a superstar at navigating and building relationships with internal technical teams and will have had demonstrated success working across business groups in a collaborative manner.
This role will provide the opportunity to practice existing skills and develop new ones as you work with a diverse range of topics. If you have enthusiasm, natural curiosity, and want to be part of a diverse and interesting organisation that offers a wide range of career opportunities, then apply now.
To find out more about the Ministry and what we do please click here
How to apply:
To view the position description and/or apply for the role (submitting a cover letter and current curriculum vitae), please click “APPLY NOW” or visit the MPI Careers Site. For tracking and reporting purposes, all applications must be submitted through our online careers portal.
To apply for this role you must hold the right to work in New Zealand or be eligible to obtain it – click here to find out more about work visa eligibility and options.
In order to be considered for this role, applicants must be available to interview within New Zealand or via Skype.
If you have any questions about the role, you may contact Nick Goddard for a confidential discussion on 04 894 0908 or email email@example.com
Applications for this role close on 27 March 2019
MPI is an equal opportunity employer and committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion. Your unique talents and experience will help us deliver exceptional services to New Zealand. In return you'll enjoy an inclusive and flexible working environment in a diverse team of people while you're growing your career. We actively encourage applications from any background.