Environment Lead | Wellington City
|Position Type:||Permanent Full Time|
|Attachments:|| BTIS Environment Lead JD.pdf (PDF, 571KB)
|Application Close Date:||20-Feb-2019|
Environment Lead - Business Technology and Information Services – Permanent Full Time based in Wellington.
- Working across a range of high profile primary applications & projects.
- This is a newly established role that will suit an enthusiastic self starter.
Ministry for Primary Industries (MPI) is responsible for ‘Growing and Protecting New Zealand'. It's no mean feat and we have a team of hard working and dedicated people in a variety of roles supporting us to make this happen. Our overall ambition is for New Zealand to be the most trusted source of high value natural products in the world. Join us to help this ambition become a reality.
We are committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive culture. We are fair in our behaviour and our policies promote equal opportunity for all. We provide numerous training programmes and opportunities for people to continuously improve their skill sets and keep up to date with global best practices. MPI has a focus on career pathways so this is the first step in your career with us and we will help you grow.
MPI encourages and supports people to be the best they can be, to see more of who MPI is and what we do click here.
About our Team
MPI's Development and Operations team has identified a permanent opportunity for a talented and dedicated Environment Lead who can own, provide technical support for the Application Development technical environments and be part of a larger team.
As part of Business technology and Information Services, you will join a fast-paced and dynamic team that exists to support the environments across our business. You will face many new challenges covering our extremely diverse technology stack and learning about the business of growing and protecting New Zealand through biosecurity, food safety, fisheries, forestry and trade.
Our team is rapidly evolving to adapt to changing needs, and to embrace an Agile and DevOps operating model.
About the Role
As an Environment Lead you will cover the technical support for the Application Development environments and assist the Test Manager, Developers, Testers, Business Analyst and the Business and make sure that all the non-production Application environments deliver fit-for-purpose of the software testing. This is a role for a self-starter who enjoys working in a fast-paced environment to tight deadlines. Ability to work closely and develop relationships with people both within the team and across the wider business.
This role involves working with clients who require 5 years living in New Zealand to be able to meet their security clearance requirements.
In return we can offer you meaningful work with a leading Government Agency that supports flexible working in an inclusive work environment.
Skills and Experience
- Lived in New Zealand for 5 years to meet security clearance requirements
- Ideally minimum 5 years' experience in New Zealand across various environments.
- Good communication skills to ensure outcomes are well explained.
- Attention to detail when dealing with complex data/ systems
- Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships.
- Solving problems and approaching work with energy and motivation.
- In-depth knowledge of Microsoft Windows Server products, Active Directory Domains and operating systems.
- A sound understanding of Network Infrastructure.
- Experience with supporting Google Apps for Education and 1 to 1 Mobile/Tablet devices would be highly advantaged.
- Excellent time management skills and ability to prioritize tasks.
- Ability to work in both Agile and DevOps environment.
- To have a great attitude, and being an open collaborative team player.
Supporting this, you will also need to demonstrate the skills and experience identified in the position description attached. If you want a career where you help to grow and protect New Zealand in a very real way then this is it.
If you think you have what we are looking for, we would like to hear from you!
To apply for this role please apply online submitting your cover letter and resume clearly detailing your suitability and interest in this role.
For more detailed information regarding the role please refer to the attached position description or contact Ruth Greening on Ruth.Greening@mpi.govt.nz. For tracking and reporting purposes all applications must be submitted online.
Applications close Wednesday 20 February 2019.
MPI is an equal opportunity employer and committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion. Your unique talents and experience will help us deliver exceptional services to New Zealand. In return you'll enjoy an inclusive and flexible working environment in a diverse team of people while you're growing your career. We actively encourage applications from any background.