Programme Coordinator and Analyst | Wellington City
|Position Type:||Permanent Full Time|
|Attachments:|| Job Description for Programme Co-ordinator and Analyst.pdf (PDF, 305KB)
|Application Close Date:||24-Feb-2019|
The Ministry for Primary Industries (MPI) is responsible for ‘Growing and Protecting New Zealand'. It's no mean feat and we have a team of hard working and dedicated people in a variety of roles supporting us to make this happen! MPI provides a range of services to ensure New Zealand is protected from biological risk and that the food New Zealand businesses produce is safe and suitable for us all to consume. Our overall ambition is for New Zealand to be the most trusted source of high value natural products in the world. Join us to help this ambition become a reality.
To find out more about the Ministry and what we do please click here
The Sector Partnerships and Programmes (SPP) Investment Analysis team supports the wider directorate with finance, reporting, coordination and support services, and manages the directorate's programmatic pipeline and benefits tracking processes. The team also supports the Regional Economic Development directorate with specialist assessment of large or complex Provincial Growth Fund applications.
The Programme Co-ordinator & Analyst role is ideally suited to a candidate with exceptional co-ordination skills who is also looking to grow their reporting and analysis expertise. The role provides support for processes, analysis and reporting to enable quality investment decisions by working across the directorate, and with other internal stakeholders to provide coordination and analytical support to the funds managed by the Investment Programmes directorate.
Key skill / experience requirements:
- Provide day-to- day co-ordination support to the Investment Programmes directorate and assist with the management of our funding programmes.
- Co-ordinate event planning and manage logistics for panel meetings, workshops, etc.
- Co-ordinate web content and programme collateral, and assist with the development, production and coordination of material relevant to our funds.
- Provide secretariat support to the funds we manage, including meeting minutes, preparing papers, and panel appointments.
- As necessary, assist the Programme Administrator with fund administrative support, including contract management, and management of fund mailboxes.
Reporting and Analysis
- Develop an understanding of the profile and performance of funds managed by the directorate by supporting implementation of the reporting framework and the use of standardised reporting.
- Support the Senior Reporting Analyst with directorate reporting and grant management support tools, including data cleansing, reconciliations, forecasting and other tasks as required.
- Work to support users in their collection and input of data into the Grant Management System database in order to ensure data quality and reliability.
- Monitor and improve data quality by implementing data validation processes.
- Support the identification of opportunities to improve product and information delivery to internal stakeholders.
The salary range for this role sits at GSR Band F : $60,874 - $78,779. To view the position description and/or apply for the role (submitting a cover letter and current curriculum vitae), please click “APPLY NOW” or visit the MPI Careers Site. For tracking and reporting purposes, all applications must be submitted through our online careers portal.
For more information on this role please refer to the position description or contact Katrina.email@example.com
To apply for this role you must hold the right to work in New Zealand or be eligible to obtain it – click here to find out more about work visa eligibility and options.
MPI is an equal opportunity employer and committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion. Your unique talents and experience will help us deliver exceptional services to New Zealand. In return you'll enjoy an inclusive and flexible working environment in a diverse team of people while you're growing your career. We actively encourage applications from any background.