Team Manager Immunology | Wellington - Upper Hutt
|Position Type:||Permanent Full Time|
|Attachments:|| AHL L5 team managers JD Feb 2019.docx (Word, 95KB)
|Application Close Date:||08-Mar-2019|
- Leadership role within our Diagnostic & Surveillance team
- Permanent full time position
- Based in Wallaceville, Upper Hutt (Wellington)
The Ministry for Primary Industries (MPI) purpose is ‘Growing and Protecting New Zealand' with an ambition of ‘New Zealand is the most trusted source of high value natural products in the world'.
This is your opportunity to join the leadership team at a national diagnostic laboratory with a varied and international workforce. Work in our brand new, state of the art high level containment laboratories which will be opening later in 2019.
Play a key role in developing our expertise and providing effective and efficient delivery of diagnostic capability to support trade, investigation and response testing for suspected exotic, new or emerging diseases of animals. The Immunology Team delivers a wide range of serological tests as well as leading our work in high throughput sequencing. You will guide your team of PhD scientists and skilled technicians to provide expert advice on biosecurity readiness, investigation and response to high impact animal diseases. You will facilitate the development of new capability and methods relevant to our work.
The Manager – Immunology will have a strong focus on (but not limited to):
- Managing operational delivery of internationally-accredited diagnostic services at New Zealand's national veterinary laboratory in area of responsibility
- Effectively and efficiently managing team resources in alignment with organisation policy and procedures
- Scientific leadership
- Networking and Personal Development
- Team Engagement
To be successful you will bring:
- Relevant post-graduate tertiary qualification, preferably a PhD in a relevant field with post-doctoral experience
- Knowledge and experience of laboratory health & safety, quality, management systems and biosafety.
- Experience in leading successful laboratory projects and programmes
- Management/leadership experience or staff supervision and development would be an advantage
- Experience working with biosecurity issues/risks
Applicants must be a NZ citizen or NZ Permanent Resident or be able to obtain the right to work in NZ. MPI can offer assistance to obtain the correct working rights for the successful candidate. For tracking purposes, all applications must be submitted online through the appropriate link on the MPI careers website.
For further information refer to the attached job description on the MPI careers website, or email Elvis.Madar@mpi.govt.nz.
Applications close on Friday 8th March 2019.
MPI is an equal opportunity employer and committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion. Your unique talents and experience will help us deliver exceptional services to New Zealand. In return you'll enjoy an inclusive and flexible working environment in a diverse team of people while you're growing your career. We actively encourage applications from any background.