Adviser | Wellington City
|Position Type:||Permanent Full Time|
|Attachments:|| Adviser Biosecurity Response JD.pdf (PDF, 271KB)
|Application Close Date:||27-Mar-2019|
- Permanent opportunity in Wellington CBD
- Join a fast paced team to lead, manage and deliver biosecurity response activity
Ministry for Primary Industries (MPI) is responsible for ‘Growing and Protecting New Zealand'. It's no mean feat and we have a team of hard working and dedicated people in a variety of roles supporting us to make this happen. Our overall ambition is for New Zealand to be the most trusted source of high value natural products in the world. Join us to help this ambition become a reality.
To find out more about the Ministry and what we do please click here
About the Branch:
Biosecurity New Zealand has a critical role in preventing harmful organisms crossing New Zealand's borders. Along with preparing for and responding to biosecurity incursions, it also manages border and compliance activities, diagnostics and surveillance activities and MPI's centralised intelligence, planning and co-ordination group.
About the team and role:
The Biosecurity Response Team is accountable for delivery of effective responses aimed at reducing the impact of biosecurity threats to New Zealand's primary industries, the environment, property and human health.
We are looking for an Adviser to lead, manage and deliver biosecurity response activity. As an Adviser, you'll provide advice, lead complex biosecurity responses, and contribute to response readiness. You will be actively involved in readiness work, providing high quality, and well-reasoned advice on a range of plans, activities, products and initiatives, to improve MPI's response performance.
The response work programme involves engaging with other government agencies, key partners, the National Biosecurity Capability Network, and contracted providers of field services. You'll contribute to the realisation of the Readiness and Response strategy and team outcomes. You'll fulfil roles as the Controller, Function Manager, or Expert in biosecurity responses.
Key areas of focus include:
- Manage allocated responses using established foundations and frameworks
- Carry out response activity by prioritising work, determining critical resources required, resolving specific issues, and mitigating, and escalating issues as necessary.
- Support the Biosecurity Response Managers by providing sound technical advice and analysis and recommendations.
- Contribute subject matter expertise to inform the delivery of readiness activity in MPI as needed.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
Benefits of working at MPI include:
- Up to three additional (MPI holidays) leave days
- Career development and internal opportunities across the Operations branch and organisation
- Wellness benefit for employees
- Reduced premiums for Health Insurance
- Comprehension one-week MPI Induction Programme
Salary range for this role is $60k to $78k depending on skills and experience.
How to Apply:
To apply for this role you must hold the right to work in New Zealand or be eligible to obtain it – click here to find out more about work visa eligibility and options.
To view the position description and/or apply for the role please click “APPLY NOW” or visit the MPI Careers Site. For tracking and reporting purposes, all applications must be submitted through our online careers portal.
For detailed information on this role please refer to the position description or contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close on 27th March 2019
MPI is an equal opportunity employer and committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion. Your unique talents and experience will help us deliver exceptional services to New Zealand. In return you'll enjoy an inclusive and flexible working environment in a diverse team of people while you're growing your career. We actively encourage applications from any background.