Senior Technical Business Analyst | Wellington City
|Position Type:||Permanent Full Time|
|Attachments:|| Senior Technical Business Analyst JD.pdf (PDF, 484KB)
|Application Close Date:||26-Mar-2019|
MPI are looking for a Senior Technical Business Analyst to join our Business Technology and Information Services directorate on a permanent basis.
This is a prime opportunity to stretch yourself professionally; to enjoy all that comes with working on large scale developments using Agile and DevOps practices in IT systems and software applications in a large organisation. The Development and Operations team provides the systems and support services that enable the Ministry to deliver its core functions, maintain and enhance business systems and take responsibility for providing information and information flows and processes which support Operational staff. The role of the Senior Technical Business Analyst is to ensure the integrity, efficiency and accessibility of the Ministry's IT systems. This role will be predominantly in the Fisheries area.
Experience required includes:
- Experience in diagnosing application problems and taking the lead through to resolution
- Able to manage small projects through the Software Development Lifecycle
- An understanding and the ability to discuss related technical concepts with Business end users, Application Developers, Database Administrators, Testers and Vendors
- Experience with requirements analysis and to deliver fit for purpose business options and solutions
- Solving problems and approaching work with energy and motivation
- Communicates fluently orally and in writing, and can present complex technical information to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Performs a broad range of work, sometimes complex and non-routine, in a variety of environments
- Experience in SQL, SSRS. Spatial data and data analysis would be beneficial
- Experience to lead working groups and when required attend Governance Groups to explain and detail working group decisions
- Assists in fostering a culture that enables MPI to be an organisation that is connected, focused on results, delivers on our obligations to Māori, is lean and agile, and is prepared to take informed risks
You will also be expected to fully utilise your relationship skills to establish and maintain effective working relationships and to provide effective communication with technical and business groups.
About The Ministry
Our vision is “Growing and Protecting New Zealand”. We have developed an organisational strategy to ensure we have a clear path to follow that maximises our opportunities in this area. MPI is tasked with the education and compliance of fisheries, animal welfare and food safety legislation.
MPI encourages and supports people to be the best they can be, to see more of who MPI is and what we do click here
To view the position description and/or apply for the role (submitting a cover letter and current curriculum vitae), please click “APPLY NOW”. For tracking and reporting purposes, all applications must be submitted through our online careers portal.
If you have any questions about the role, please contact Recruitment Advsier Ruth Greening at Ruth.Greening@mpi.govt.nz.
Application close 28 March 2019
MPI is an equal opportunity employer and committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion. Your unique talents and experience will help us deliver exceptional services to New Zealand. In return you'll enjoy an inclusive and flexible working environment in a diverse team of people while you're growing your career. We actively encourage applications from any background.